Food for thought (light sched related)

SgtKiLLx

Was more or less curious about this an just clicked on a random page on Google. Included were all other light schedules, but this one intrigued me a bit. What do you think?

Currently trending is the new 6-2 alternative vegetative growth lighting schedule. Three of these light-dark cycles per 24-hour period means the cannabis plant receives the same total 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness as a conventional 18-6. Moreover, this is a viable option as photoperiod cannabis needs a continuous 12 hours of darkness to bloom. The thinking being, those brief 2-hour intervals of darkness give the plant a chance to rest and process CO₂ more effectively. Also, 6-2 avoids light saturation and is potentially a more effective light-dark cycle for photosynthesis.

Was more or less curious about this an just clicked on a random page on Google. Included were all other light schedules, but this one intrigued me a bit. What do you think?

Currently trending is the new 6-2 alternative vegetative growth lighting schedule. Three of these light-dark cycles per 24-hour period means the cannabis plant receives the same total 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness as a conventional 18-6. Moreover, this is a viable option as photoperiod cannabis needs a continuous 12 hours of darkness to bloom. The thinking being, those brief 2-hour intervals of darkness give the plant a chance to rest and process CO₂ more effectively. Also, 6-2 avoids light saturation and is potentially a more effective light-dark cycle for photosynthesis.

Pretty cool. I'm still a newb grower so i can't say much about it. but i'd love to try it out. i was considering setting up a second room for either flowering or just messing around, i might try this one of these months.

one thing is that i would never try this kind of alternative cycle unless i was on an automated system. I'm going to build a RDWC system soon and think it would be perfect to try out alternative light cycles with.

I'd love to hear from some of the vets.

Pretty cool. I'm still a newb grower so i can't say much about it. but i'd love to try it out. i was considering setting up a second room for either flowering or just messing around, i might try this one of these months.

one thing is that i would never try this kind of alternative cycle unless i was on an automated system. I'm going to build a RDWC system soon and think it would be perfect to try out alternative light cycles with.

I'd love to hear from some of the vets.
Consider something like this. Tis a normal sized led light bulb. Smart controlled. Not expensive. Once I get a better light , I'll be getting a smart controlled power bar.. this light I have set on a schedule . 7 days a week , off at 1 pm, on at 7 pm.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-23-22-41-17.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-23-22-41-17.png
    318.8 KB · Views: 34
Consider something like this. Tis a normal sized led light bulb. Smart controlled. Not expensive. Once I get a better light , I'll be getting a smart controlled power bar.. this light I have set on a schedule . 7 days a week , off at 1 pm, on at 7 pm.

that's pretty cool. time to start looking for a more high tech timer lol.

This cycle would really help regulate a grow space RT and RH too. some could probably benefit from that alone depending on their available set up options.

that's pretty cool. time to start looking for a more high tech timer lol.

This cycle would really help regulate a grow space RT and RH too. some could probably benefit from that alone depending on their available set up options.
Smart power bar under 40 on amazon.. individually controlled outlets on a schedule.. it's pretty wicked, even for my small scale box grow.. turns on, I go down to check on it, give it some TLC .. close it back up.

Back
Top Bottom