More Light More Growth Myth

Speaking of eating, I plan on making meatballs this weekend and wondered...
What is best, pan frying them or baking them
The answer is more complex than you may think ;)
Pan fry just long enough to seal the juices in, then pop em onto a cookie sheet and in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes. Pick up some McCormick meatball gravy mix and have yourself some Swedish meatballs. Damn. I think I’m gunna make some this weekend now :rofl:

Why would you have to wake somebody up to eat?

At 4:00am, and at someone else's house, lol? Because if you just wander into their kitchen, you might not get to take a bite before the shotgun goes off.

Pan fry just long enough to seal the juices in, then pop em onto a cookie sheet and in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes. Pick up some McCormick meatball gravy mix and have yourself some Swedish meatballs. Damn. I think I’m gunna make some this weekend now :rofl:

Yum. If you're going to cook them in gravy, though, why not do the searing thing after instead of before? Kind of like an Argentinian cooks steak.

Uh... Let's see... Rather have no food and bag of bud than food and no bud... blah blah blah... because, with bag of bud, even at 4am, I can go pound on someone's door and get food, but blah blah blah. Because if someone enters someone else's house in the middle of the night without knocking, blah blah blah <BOOM!>.

That help? It was quicker than collecting a bunch of (quoted) text, and I mislike quoting my own words.

BtW, what do you (southerners?) use to kill intruders, if not a shotgun? Admittedly, as I discovered earlier this year, the homeowner can get hung up in doorways, but they seem work great as a deterrent, other than that.

They're pretty abnormal here, too.

I forgot you're somewhere in Alberta, Canada instead of in the USA. Looks like the B&E statistic for that province is only 658.12 per 100,000 people. That's pretty low, and works out to... about 28,766 breaking & entering crimes (assuming a 100% reportage, of course) across the entire province. And that must be a great comfort to the other 4,342,234 people living there. Those unlucky 28,766, though, would probably have been happier if they hadn't been required to store their shotgun unloaded and either a trigger lock installed or the thing placed into a locked box/cabinet/room... than merely knowing that their neighbor probably won't get burgled, lol.

Crime happens. Even in "bad areas," it really doesn't - statistically - happen all that often. So you're probably safe. And even if it turns out that you aren't, well... Maybe the crime will turn out to be so heinous, so overwhelmingly huge in scope that one of your gun-toting "southern neighbors" will both be in a position to, and decide to do something about it. After all, that strategy seems to have served you well when it comes to national defense, lol - manage to be located directly adjacent to people who believe in the concept of self-defense. . . .

You're right - King Stupid the Vile is more of a snake. Although the copperhead I killed earlier today would have been greatly insulted by the comparison, I'm sure. And the rest of our federal government is so screwed up right now... I guess we're lucky that they seem to have forgotten, down in Texas, that the state has the - unique - right to split itself into up to five states. Otherwise, while it probably wouldn't greatly alter the House of Representatives (population based), it'd saddle us with up to eight more Senators, and they'd most likely be Republicans. Probably saving that little gift for a rainy day, I suppose.

Regardless, thank your lucky stars. I am envious, both of much of that land and of the fact that you're merely influenced by our government, not governed by it.

Mandatory on-topic content (lol): Whenever someone asks me if more light will help their plants, and is either looking for a generic answer or just hasn't given me enough information to provide a specific one, I reply, "Yes - IF that's currently the limiting factor in your garden." Because that's about all a person can do, really. More light won't help if the plants' nutritional needs are only barely being met as it is. Or if the temperature and/or CO2 level is not high enough for the plants to make use of the additional light-energy.

• :idea:Does more light mean more growth?
No, more light does not mean more growth, especially when it comes to growing weed indoors. Marijuana plants require a cooldown period as well, so that they can ‘rest’ after producing energy for 18 hours a day. Darkness is as important to the growth of most plants as light is! Your plant would get exhausted and burn out if you keep it under light all the time!
Total BS. Or what I like to call "weed forum myth"
Cannabis is a C3 plant and they do not "sleep"

from Cannibis Culture (Google's highlighted result at the top of the page):
"Many C3 plants, including cannabis, do not need a rest period. They continue to photosynthesize as long as they are receiving light. The plant's photosynthetic rate determines its growth rate because the sugars are used by the plant to build tissue and for energy"
I do not want to sound too harsh but sometimes I wish people would pick up an Agronomy textbook and read it prior to posting.

LOL...
Thinking of topping these

Attachments

• 20200816_161146.jpg
    20200816_161146.jpg
    1,012 KB · Views: 31
Uh... Let's see... Rather have no food and bag of bud than food and no bud... blah blah blah... because, with bag of bud, even at 4am, I can go pound on someone's door and get food, but blah blah blah. Because if someone enters someone else's house in the middle of the night without knocking, blah blah blah <BOOM!>.

That help? It was quicker than collecting a bunch of (quoted) text, and I mislike quoting my own words.

BtW, what do you (southerners?) use to kill intruders, if not a shotgun? Admittedly, as I discovered earlier this year, the homeowner can get hung up in doorways, but they seem work great as a deterrent, other than that.
:welcome: All souls rock
Defy the myth BABY BOOMERS WORE CONDOMS

lbitillitbleeds

Total BS. Or what I like to call "weed forum myth"
Cannabis is a C3 plant and they do not "sleep"

from Cannibis Culture (Google's highlighted result at the top of the page):
"Many C3 plants, including cannabis, do not need a rest period. They continue to photosynthesize as long as they are receiving light. The plant's photosynthetic rate determines its growth rate because the sugars are used by the plant to build tissue and for energy"
I do not want to sound too harsh but sometimes I wish people would pick up an Agronomy textbook and read it prior to posting.
OK,THIS WILL BE MY LAST MYTH QUESTION ..
I learned alot my first day here
Thank you to all you souls out there..keep comin
This thread runs hard..gg:thumb:

Arizer
Pros
Never look for another match
No combustion
Cons
Suck harder
Get charged

Speaking of eating, I plan on making meatballs this weekend and wondered...
What is best, pan frying them or baking them
The answer is more complex than you may think ;)
AGreed,chemicals are chem;whats the big deal ?

LOL...
Thinking of topping these
I live in Iowa. The inland hurricane (99 mph winds) that just went through the State on Monday would have taken care of that for you.
I actually had to borrow a generator to keep my weed alive and run my air conditioner for my Siberian Husky.
Watering I can do with a bucket on a rope down the well but it was either a generator or carrying 9 7-gallon bags outside after 1 day without light and no chance of power for a few days.
I have power now but "They" promise everyone's power will be on by next Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom