Tips on growing your own cannabis seeds

SmokeFairy

420 Member
Growing marijuana indoors is an increasingly popular activity, as it gives you control over the quality of your plants and makes it easy to grow your own supply. I have collected information from my reading threads here regarding step-by-step guide to growing marijuana seeds - from planting to harvesting.

Here are important points that I learned

1. Tips for Selecting the Right Seeds
  2. The Germination Process
  3. Soil Requirements for Growing Marijuana
  4. Light Requirements for Growing Marijuana
  5. Temperature Requirements for Growing Marijuana
  6. Nutrients and Water Requirements for Growing Marijuana
  7. Controlling Pests and Diseases
  8. Harvesting and Storing Your Marijuana

Can you add more?

Can you add more?
You seem to have it covered except for one other point.

Since you are thinking about growing at least one plant for seeds the storage part has to be have an addition. Most growers do not store any of the male plant after collecting the pollen. The pollen is a bit of a different storage method than the usual as used for female flower buds.

Are you thinking of producing all the seeds using one female plant?

Growing marijuana indoors is an increasingly popular activity, as it gives you control over the quality of your plants and makes it easy to grow your own supply. I have collected information from my reading threads here regarding step-by-step guide to growing marijuana seeds - from planting to harvesting.

Here are important points that I learned

1. Tips for Selecting the Right Seeds
  2. The Germination Process
  3. Soil Requirements for Growing Marijuana
  4. Light Requirements for Growing Marijuana
  5. Temperature Requirements for Growing Marijuana
  6. Nutrients and Water Requirements for Growing Marijuana
  7. Controlling Pests and Diseases
  8. Harvesting and Storing Your Marijuana

Can you add more?
Welcome to 420 @SmokeFairy

Airflow

Welcome to 420mag!

*Tent Size? If you plan on using one.
*Container/pot size for either Organic or synthetic.
* maybe plant "risers" for runoff and catch trays. Especially for synthetic nutrients
* 5 gallon bucket to mix nutrients with aquarium pump.
*Temp/humidity gauge
Just couple ideas, hope that helps. Looks like you are on the right track.
Cheers

Since you are thinking about growing at least one plant for seeds the storage part has to be have an addition. Most growers do not store any of the male plant after collecting the pollen. The pollen is a bit of a different storage method than the usual as used for female flower buds.

Agreed with a bit extra. Storage of pollen and seeds.. No sense in going to all this trouble to grow seeds just to store them improperly, and same goes for the pollen. If you do it correctly and store it correctly you only need to do this once every 5-10 years (or any time you find a strain you like)

Im confused :hmmmm: did i miss what OP say about tossing pollen????
Thought we were talking about setup for growing "from seed"

The title of the thread is “growing your own cannabis seeds”.. OP also said this:

I have collected information from my reading threads here regarding step-by-step guide to growing marijuana seeds - from planting to harvesting.

I read it as OP is talking about how to cultivate seeds but then when they break down their points they seem to be referring to how to grow cannabis itself.

'm looking at products used by other growers used for storage and yes am planning to produce seeds myself to have a constant and stable supply for my own medicine.

Agreed with a bit extra. Storage of pollen and seeds.. No sense in going to all this trouble to grow seeds just to store them improperly, and same goes for the pollen. If you do it correctly and store it correctly you only need to do this once every 5-10 years (or any time you find a strain you like)
speaking of pollen 'm afraid it can contaminate my grow room and ruin all my females. Thanks for the tip about the pollen storage. Reading more on this.

I read it as OP is talking about how to cultivate seeds but then when they break down their points they seem to be referring to how to grow cannabis itself.
Yep. I saw that it did not say "growing your own cannabis from seed" and realized that SmokeFairy had covered all the major points about growing a crop of buds which is the first step towards healthy seeds.

Add in that there have been several "seed growing" threads lately her interest in a seed crop made sense.;)

Back
Top Bottom