What's happening to my babies?

BikerBear

Hi Folks,

I have seven new-ish seedlings; about 4 weeks old. However, I have two that are not doing so well.... In the first picture, yellow spots are appearing. Is this a nitrogen or calcium deficiency? I am using hydroponic nutes, and all plants are in soil.

In the second picture, I think it's got something else wrong.

I have tested the Ph level and am currently at 6.5. I can add some Ph decreasing fluid to the water next time to bring it down if required/advised.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Want to get this nipped in the bud (pardon the pun) before it gets worse...

IMG_048637.JPG

IMG_048733.JPG

Re: What's happening to my babies???

Good luck with using hydro nutes for a soil grow :laughtwo:

At this point stop watering and let mother nature try to fix this issue. They are to young to give nutes too, so, its best to see if they can survive on their own.....

Well, that's really helpful isn't it.... I thought we were all here to help and learn, not ridicule...

Have you asked for an advice before you even started growing considering it was supposed to be your first time?

Hydroponic nutes? That doesnt sound right to be used in soil. I am a noob but ive done a grow already and yea i think theyre too young for any nutes just water and chill

For the record, i have done the same thing a few years back and it worked just fine. I used 1 TSP per gallon and had no worries.. I also added Tiger Bloom ( 1tsp) and epsom salt.. my theory is nothing is perfect its a learning curve and NONE of us are commercial growers, hence mistakes will occur. I have been growing my own meds for 6 years and i still make mistakes and as long as i correct them along the way, my harvest always comes out very good...Nobody said this is easy, its not, you just have to use common sense. I admire those who use garbage potting soil, no nutes, a dixie cup and swear they`re yielding huge meds. Do i believe it, i sure don`t. As for those of us, who give advice, i don`t believe the person who told you that you made a mistake was being nasty, its just how they said it. We`re all here to help each other.. You`ll be fine...

Side Note: I use 16floz of RO bottled water, when they are this young.Some times i have to feed them every 5-7 days, depending on the weather conditions. I like to use my own composte, lots of perlite on the bottom and middle of my planter and during veg i like to nute once my girls are at least 4-5 weeks old... When they are young as yours, this is the make or break it stage....

Yep common sense is a big part of it, and starting something with a little bit of knowledge about it even bigger. You're a noob, and it takes years of practice to find out how to grow weed properly, and this practice includes learning from more experienced growers while you go.

First rule, never fertilize a young seedling, it's way to small below the ground to absorb anything you give it!

The first grow for me was horrific. I made every mistake in the book...LOL. I think we all do... I don`t think there`s a right or wrong way to do a grow. I agree with you, asking those who have experience does save time.. As for his NUTE mistake. I think the Grower has learned and will be more careful the next grow... For most of us this is a "Thing of Love" its hard to explain to someone who`s never done this before..LOL

The first grow for me was horrific. I made every mistake in the book...LOL. I think we all do... I don`t think there`s a right or wrong way to do a grow. I agree with you, asking those who have experience does save time.. As for his NUTE mistake. I think the Grower has learned and will be more careful the next grow... For most of us this is a "Thing of Love" its hard to explain to someone who`s never done this before..LOL

Bingo! Thanks Sejd2131.... Yes, this is my first grow ever. And what I was applying was "normal" plant logic... like for the vegetables I grow; they get fed early on for great harvests. I have definitely learned that this is not the case for medi grows; and have now stopped. I just go out to the grow tent, open it up, and check on my girls (hopefully) and smile when I see new leaves, etc.

Like I said originally, out of 7 plants, only 2 look a bit worry-some. The others are a beautiful shade of lovely green, and appear to be very healthy.

So, with that, thank you EVERYONE for your advice to such a noob....

:thanks:

My first grow i had seeds that i brought in from St Johns. It was a Jamaican strain. I babied them way to much and twice they almost died. Somehow, they were tough enough to survive and my lessons were learned... I only wish i cloned those babies..:)The point is, nobody is perfect in this passion we all love...

Thats how we all gain experience. However, jumping all up and down a Rookie isn`t helpful. I`m sure you meant nothing by it....

You're right, I didn't mean anything.

Back
Top Bottom