What's Your Coco Mix?

Coco is the way to go. Hands down. No soil equals full manipulation of that plants feeding, giving you full control. pH will always depend on the strain. Though some might have grey areas, where you might get it kind of right, it's all about finding that magic number where all of the nutes are used instead of frying a plant. BIG feedings too. It's a lot of fun.
yeah my chop is going successful , coco rulz with me I got rock hard resinous nugs drying !

Nice man! I have 4 Trichocereus, Sand Pedro, Peruvianus, Terscheckii, Bridgessi. Some Matucana, L. Principis. Many more. I think I'm at 14 different species now all in a coco perlite with added cacti soil. Coco creates a great medium for anything you put in it.

Nice man! I have 4 Trichocereus, Sand Pedro, Peruvianus, Terscheckii, Bridgessi. Some Matucana, L. Principis. Many more. I think I'm at 14 different species now all in a coco perlite with added cacti soil. Coco creates a great medium for anything you put in it.
i got some of them agaves veriagated , I use pumice instead way better less messy , look for "DRY STALL " at your local animal feed store
100% pumice in 40 lbs bags , used to keep horses from slipping in wet stalls
some of the hard to grow africans . properate or bring back to life after importing 100% coco works best I've ever used what used to take a year now has roots in 2 months

Where I live in Southern California, its a paradise. A couple days ago it was 95 degrees with 35% humidity. My cacti grow roots like no ones business. The cacti coil contains mostly pumice. While in the dark during the rooting process they stood straight up in the cardboard box they were in and grew into the carpet underneath in 1 week. I water all the cacti once a week and they grow so fast and healthy. Veg nutrients given once a month. I love all of the flowers they produce! Gorgeous. Yellow, red, white depending on species and variation of that species. And they all smell basically the same, very perfume like.

I needed a new more legal hobby than growing marijuana for my downtime and backyard :)

Where I live in Southern California, its a paradise. A couple days ago it was 95 degrees with 35% humidity. My cacti grow roots like no ones business. The cacti coil contains mostly pumice. While in the dark during the rooting process they stood straight up in the cardboard box they were in and grew into the carpet underneath in 1 week. I water all the cacti once a week and they grow so fast and healthy. Veg nutrients given once a month. I love all of the flowers they produce! Gorgeous. Yellow, red, white depending on species and variation of that species. And they all smell basically the same, very perfume like.

I needed a new more legal hobby than growing marijuana for my downtime and backyard :)
look at breeding the haworthia & gasteria , the hybrids sell in $100's
renny's haworthias on that fleaplace to seee some beauties

I too grow in coco but I have been tweaking it a little for my last four grows. I start out with coco & perlite mix and add 20% more perlite with a list of worm casting ,fish meal ,bat poop, blood meal, bone meal we have a oyster plant where I live so I get shell flakes, kelp meal, Epson salts, dolomite lime, powdered egg shell, coffee grounds, iron Cal mag, and b1. My next batch I will try adding some powdered Humic acid and Azomite and alfalfa meal and drop the coffee and egg shells. I mix it after I move from veg to bloom add a little water and cover so it ages for about 7 or 8 weeks. I have cut down on my nutes so far by 3/4 and saved money, my plant have more flavor, thc, smell better and taste better and this being the 4th grow I can see bigger buds as well loving it so far. I am hoping the last few changes I make will set me free from the big cost of nutes and give me better and cleaner bud! I have to say I wasn't a believer tell now but it is truly the way to go! Thanks Everhard

Looks like this thread died sometime ago but here is my 2cents:thumb:
I grow in coco also. I use a coco line of soilless medium from monstergardens.
Air Max Aerated Coco Premium Soil Blend.
Here are the ingredients:
50/50 Blend (50% Quadruple washed COCO FIBER & 50% Premium Perlite) This blend is amended with premium organic ingredients. This blend is for the Hydroponic style gardener, with the most perfect blend of premium coco, plus ALL of the ingredients that you would want to add, while still being able to aggressively feed liquid nutrients. ingredients: Quadruple washed High Pith Coco Fiber, Perlite, Paramagnetic Rock, Mycorrhizae, Humic Acid, Earthworm Castings, & Seaweed.:whoa:

They even have a organic blend that has a fantastic mix of micro-ingredients that I cant get a hold of locally.
The ONLY drawback to this product is the shipping costs.
Other than that, I think this is one of the best pre-made mixes out there.
Here is a vid clip that explains the product better than I can.
Coco is the shiznit! Here are one of my coco girls at 7 weeks flower.
BTW.....I use Dutch Master Gold nute line. Works gr8!
week_6_day_96_day_42_of_flower_pic_10.JPG

My mix is about 60% coco 30% big chunk perlite & 10% Rice Hulls.
I keep it very simple and to be honest I don't spend a lot buying top brand, instead, I amend it with worm castings & Azomite.
I reuse all my coco after harvest. I rinse it very good with a pre mix solution with about 400PPM and plants are good to go.
This is the 3rd using the same coco and I may need to buy a bag again in a year or so.
The Little Amazon Welcomes All Visitors!
Peace

one thing that I think that was never mentioned here was prepping the coco.i normally use botainacare coco (the loose fill not bricks)but am now usin a line called mother earth.when i get ready to put plants in coco ,I make a rez with a mild to aggressive ppm according to plant size.if plant is a foot or smaller I am around 4-600 ppm.any bigger than that and I am around 6-800ppm.and I shoot for a higher ph when first transplanting like 6.0 or 6.1.if they are goin in 2 gallon pots I will use 6 gallons of water to run thru each 2 gal pot(like you where flushing them).this helps tremendously ,as I have done side by side experiments and the ones rinsed better did 2 times the growth than the ones that I didn't.another thing I like to do is after transplanting and rinse,i will wait two-three days before I water again.you really have to watch the plants and learn when they are ready for watering everyday,or even multiple waterings .even though the bags say the coco is fully rinsed and ph neutral u don't trust that and you flush it well.the ppm of botainacare coco with plain ro water ran thru it is between 7-1000 ppm of god who knows what.always rinse when you first put them in it.and you will probably need some cal mag supplement for the extra iron that is needed.i put the cal mag in at recommended dose of 5ml a gal or whatever the bottle calls for.after a those two - three days after the transplant of letting the coco dry out a little(not to the point of the plant drooping)I will start watering everyday for the first week or two then I will step it up to two waterings a day,and so on.jumping right to multiple waterings a day right off the bat can cause some problems with most strains.always achieve 20% runoff and flush atleast once a month with a milder nute solution than you are currently using.keep ph around 5.8-6.1 (depending largely on which nutes you are using and the phase of the plant)
good luck,anymore questions just post em up.

Back
Top Bottom