When do you stop LST?

Weedian2112

So, I just flipped my lights to flower and I have done some very basic LST with my plants. As a new grower I didn't want to do too much to mess up the plants and well, I guess I still think that way.

Once they are flipped to flower, do you just let them do their thing, or can you still do some basic bending of the stems?

IMG_4982.jpg
IMG_4985.jpg

I guess to add on to the questions here - at what point should I consider adding soil additions for flowering - I have a flowering specific fertilizer, but had given the plants a bit of the stuff I was using during veg when I moved them to the bigger pots.

But since they have started to take off it makes me wonder if I should consider giving them flowering specific nutrients.

Here's a great thread on LST. Its active so go ahead and ask your question there.

Here's a great thread on LST. Its active so go ahead and ask your question there.

Thank you man! Got the question answered in the first page.

You want to make sure you have higher levels of K for the most part. A good NPK ratio would be 2:blushsmile:3 so as an example something like 6-3-9 or similar gives you a 2:blushsmile:3 ratio.

So the plants have been getting a 4-3-1 fert in the pots. Not often, but with transplanting and I think one other time. The bloom booze is a 1-8-1, which seems pretty far off of what you a recommending. I do have some of the Fox Farms liquid nutrient on hand that I haven't used yet. It's the trio pack, with the Tiger Bloom, Grow Big and Big Bloom. Would those be a better choice?

So the plants have been getting a 4-3-1 fert in the pots. Not often, but with transplanting and I think one other time. The bloom booze is a 1-8-1, which seems pretty far off of what you a recommending. I do have some of the Fox Farms liquid nutrient on hand that I haven't used yet. It's the trio pack, with the Tiger Bloom, Grow Big and Big Bloom. Would those be a better choice?

Bloom nutes you don't need that high of a P value. FF nutes are great(so I've heard) but I've never worked with them. Start with half dose and follow the feeding schedule until you see how the plants respond. Then you can increase if you see no issues.

Bloom nutes you don't need that high of a P value. FF nutes are great(so I've heard) but I've never worked with them. Start with half dose and follow the feeding schedule until you see how the plants respond. Then you can increase if you see no issues.
I'll do that tomorrow morning.

As a newbie grower my biggest fear is doing something stupid and messing the plants up. Half dose sounds like a great plan!

This will be an indoor grow in a 3'x3'x6' grow tent, soil grow with Spiked Soil Dirt Martini as the base soil, and their Another Round (4-3-1) and Bloom Booze (1-8-1) fertilizers/nutrients during the grow.
I was just starting to read your journal and this caught my eye right away. This Spiked Martini soil and the Another Round and Bloom Booze... were they recommended to work together? It could be the soil has high levels of N and K which may explain why they want you to use their stuff.

I was just starting to read your journal and this caught my eye right away. This Spiked Martini soil and the Another Round and Bloom Booze... were they recommended to work together? It could be the soil has high levels of N and K which may explain why they want you to use their stuff.
Yeah, they are all made by the same company, I bought them all at a local grow shop.

Aside from the main bag of soil being dried out to the point that the soil was hydrophobic, they are all designed to be used together during a grow.

This is the breakdown of what is in the main bag of soil.

Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
0.7%................Total Nitrogen
………………………0.07% Water Soluble Nitrogen
………………………0.63% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
0.7%.................Available Phosphorus
0.5%.................Soluble Potash
3.0%.................Calcium
0.8%.................Magnesium
………………………0.8% Water Soluble Magnesium
0.5%..................Sulfur

Derived from: Dolomite, bat guano, need seed meal, kelp meal (Ascopyllum nodosum), molasses, worm castings and magnesium sulfate

Yeah, they are all made by the same company, I bought them all at a local grow shop.

Aside from the main bag of soil being dried out to the point that the soil was hydrophobic, they are all designed to be used together during a grow.
Right, so I wouldn't switch. There's a reason those numbers are what they are. If you start to see defs then you should consider it but for now the plants look fantastic and I wouldn't change a thing except to add the bloom nutes once the stretch has stopped.

Back
Top Bottom