When does everyone pop their seeds for the summer grow here in NY

Lisa2265

Hey y'all,
Im planning my summer grow and I was wondering when does everyone drop their seeds , here in NY..? I was thinking probably around same time as veggies.. Which I would think would be April. And my other question, concern would be should they be Autos or photos. Ill say this, when I first starting growing , 3 years now, I never really documented when I dropped the seeds so I just put them outside from my tent. So really, should I start them indoors and just grow photos, and put them out when the weather permits. or just drop them when I know they will be ready to go out and grow autos/

Thanks in advance to the best group of growers on the damn web...!!!!

If you have the space and the security to grow a big happy plant outside, go ahead and start a photo now and veg inside til it's time to go out.

If you don't then I agree, veggie timing should work, but maybe lag a touch behind it, depending on where you are. My outside light is still usually on the low side of hours when I plant my veggies, which would make cannabis begin to flower. It wouldn't 'hurt' it, but it would slow it down considerably to have to re-veg first.

thanks, thats sort of what i was thinking, I should start now inside and then bring it out when the time is right. I have to look to see what i have going on now, and then maybe just veg them until the time is right. my property is sort of private,. I have alot of sun and a lot of space to grow some nice plants. first year i did outside, not knowing much, i had a pretty decent haul. so I'm thinking i might actually be able to produce a decent crop . for my summer grow..thanks for your advice. Appreciate it. Sometimes you just have to talk it out with people who know what you're talking about. :yummy:

I start my veg early indoors although hardening off is a pita
Nothing goes out until the overnight temps are reliably above about 50-60f, so no risk of frost
Even then I use a cold frame to sow brassica etc
Most root crops go straight in the ground in May, since they don't transplant well

I'd start them indoors March/beginning of April with a view to putting them in the ground sometime in May
God only knows what the weather will do this year, it's all a bit bonkers

In northern Minnesota it's nearly impossible to grow a fully mature photo outdoors. By the time the light schedule hits 12/12 the night time frost season is here. I grow photo's indoors and can easily grow autos outdoor.

In northern Minnesota it's nearly impossible to grow a fully mature photo outdoors. By the time the light schedule hits 12/12 the night time frost season is here. I grow photo's indoors and can easily grow autos outdoor.
I betcha you could it's possible to time and placement outside. There are 45-55 day indica dominant plants i know cause i've grown them. They only get 4 to 5ft tall. There out there.

The problem isn’t days to maturity it’s light cycle. It starts to freeze at about the time flowering would start. Plus it’s a very cool and damp time of year. Trust me I’ve tried.

Back
Top Bottom