When is the best time to start an auto plant?

garybo

Greeting from the Florida panhandle to my fellow farmers.

Living in zone 8, I start my photoperiod ladies around mid April. Having said that, I have some auto’s this year I’m going to put out and can someone give me direction as when do I start them.

Should I start them in mid April along with the photo ladies or wait a few months into mid or late summer and then start them so they will crop out about the same time the photo’s do.

I hope that make sense, since I’m typing and totting a Dr. Grinspoon at the same time.

Greetings from the pecker state to the pecker state LOL
First things first keep your lips sealed or you'll have every crackhead from Port st.joe to Pensacola knock on your door LOL next autos don't really care as long as they've got some sunlight maybe keep them in a 3 or 5 gal pot that you can Drag inside if you're expecting a frost at night but otherwise let them rip as if you were growing some peppers etc.

Thanks all, I forget to add that I grow in 10 gal containers, outdoor. For those guys in Port Richie and around, come-on over to the Alabama part of the panhandle, the folks here are generous and will always share.

I'll need to study up on their lifestyle, I read they eat more than the photo ladies. Tried growing a few auto a few yrs ago, but they did not go well, I had the seeds around a couple of yrs in the fridge, probably old. Think I'll put them out in mid Apl along with the photo girls.

You ultimately want you your plants going in to flower around the solstice, or already flowering. This way they get max sun. This year's solstice is on June 20th, in the northern hemisphere. So theoretically, starting around May 15th is optimum to take advantage of the sun's greatest light during flowering...or something like that. :)

Thanks Patient Puffer, I'm with you about solstice and mid May is when I'll but these babies to work. Assuming I can get the handle to grow them, and the correct feed, they should be ripe about the same time as the photo girls.

Back
Top Bottom