When, How often to Top

blunted7

I have beatiful outdoor plants, about 3 feet high, no more than a month and a half in vegging. I haven't yet topped them and i was wondering, is it time. should i top them now? or maybe top them more than once?. My main goal is quality and yield.

Also, flowering is coming up soon, anyone have any good outdoor flower nute suggestions? i saw an article about liquid light , im wondering if its worth it

pruning the tops now will make all the light focus on the top where the buds will eventually get bigger and stronger, but the auxin horomones will get sidetracked and the lateral buds wont grow as fast. All the lower branches develop more rapidly when the terminal bud is removed. the further a branch is from horomones at the plant tip, the less effective the auxins are, so the more you top, the slower things will get.
you can also check out the FIM "F^%& I Missed" tech. somewhere on this forum.

if you have the space for it...i would suggest simply tying down the top of the plant enough where you dont snap it and keep doing that throughout the veg and into the flower if you wish...your not stressing the plant AND your allowing for more sunlight to the sides of the plant and trust me my friend eventually the side branches will grow towards the light and end up being just as tall as the main cola and your still allowing the main cola to grow unharmed...your plant will grow into a bushier profile versus the normal christmas tree shape...hope this helps and happy grow..

Back
Top Bottom