How To: Bend and top your way to a 1 pound monster

Thank you to TheCapn for providing this amazing thread!!! I'm going to apply these tips to my new grow. I can't wait to fill out my 4x4. With these tips I couldve done it with one plant instead of 4!

Thank you to TheCapn for providing this amazing thread!!! I'm going to apply these tips to my new grow. I can't wait to fill out my 4x4. With these tips I couldve done it with one plant instead of 4!

You're welcome. I'm glad people are finding it useful. The less plants, the better, especially if you get a knock on the door!

Hey Cap, loving the pics of your 20 OZ harvest! :) I'm hoping i'll hit the 25 mark with my Fluxing style. It's the easiest style I've ever used and looks like I should get near my target. Like you the less plants the better, it just seems to make sense.
Best of buds to you!

Good luck with your monster. I feel like we are just scratching the surface. I'm just now getting into some strains that will really produce! As LOWES would say, Never stop improving!

Hi Capn. Can I ask which strains you're going for? :)

OZ, check this out:

Three new strains for TheCapn. - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

DinaFem OG Kush. It is SOLID.

TH Seeds Kushage. I dropped this. Difficult to grow, smell TOO strong. However it was the stickiest and dankest thing I've ever grown.

Serious BubbleGum. I'm pheno hunting now. 2 weeks into flower. It's unstoppable. Going to be a good one, but no promises yet.

PM me for the last one. I'm not announcing it on the boards, yet.

Yep I'm with you on that one :) Always room to improve. Please if you have 5 mins, check my quick guide to Fluxing out and let me know what you think of the style. I think its a great method for new growers to get big crops!

Hey L.A. I like your article, and I love the results. I like how the canopy is so even. I find that simply topping and bending allows me to get it bushy enough to run a pound under a 600W light. Buds are almost on top of each other so it is difficult to get much more in that area. Plus, the less we mess with our plant (touching it, bending, cutting) the faster it grows. The flux technique leans more towards a higher stress method than just topping and bending. I also like having the freedom to transplant up pot sizes slowly.

That said, I think the flux thing is fun for people who have some extra time on their hands and very low height space.

A.G. demonstrates a great use of the flux, where you want to grow a single plant in an odd shape 2 x 4 area. He did it, but not quite as radical as your tutorial suggests.

Thanks for taking the time to make such a clear, well written "how to". I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from it.

Hey Cap'n excellent journal. Thank you 4 sharing this info with us. Is that one or two plants under the 600? & both are going to be pounders or together they'll equal a pound or better? Enquiring minds want to know.

Hey Cap'n excellent journal. Thank you 4 sharing this info with us. Is that one or two plants under the 600? & both are going to be pounders or together they'll equal a pound or better? Enquiring minds want to know.

1 plant, per 4 x 4 area, under a single 600W light = one lb.

Step 1. Take a clone of your plant in veg and put that plant in flower.

Step 2. Grow up the clone; Bend and top it like you see here.

Step 3. In 2 months, when the first plant is done flowering, the new plant should be about 3ft in diameter, and ready to flower, with the potential to produce a lb.

Step 4. Go to step one.

If you follow these instructions, you should be able to do it too. The problem is, people are too impatient to veg a plant that long. Sometimes an extra 10 days in veg will literally DOUBLE your yield.

Hey Capn,

I'm still in the planning stage, but I've ordered all of the bits and pieces for my Capn style grow, and started my second journal outlining my plans and what not. If you get a minute check it out I'd love your thoughts on it as I am going a different direction with nutrients, and I think I am using maybe an old "Heisenberg" recipe you posted, but it's not the same as in your most recent article and I haven't located it in your posts yet. Also I was reading so much at the time I may have confused myself. Anyway, thanks for the inspiration and the knowledge you have bestowed upon me. I am so excited to get this grow underway:)

Thanks Capn,

Oh, the link is on my signature;)

The problem is, people are too impatient to veg a plant that long.

I have the opposite problem :biglaugh:

No 1lb monsters this round, but I'm sure several will be 4+ oz. :)

you would think that after 1 oz. you might want to smoke a different strain. than you gotta wait for the next strain. Grow them fast and grow them all. Go big if you got the room to grow and store the pounds.

I don't grow a single strain at a time though. I like to have variety. I don't even smoke a 1/4 oz before I change strains. :blalol:
I change every 1-3 days :rofl:

How long did you veg ? How long was flower ? I am also doing a scrog and found that pvc works great you can root feed through tube and make a double screen to widen canopy. Would love a fellow grower to comment on threads. You have mh and hps ? I recently got an led setup and the growth is way better then my old mh and hps. Lower temps denser buds and even growth. Love you grows. Where you located?

Back
Top Bottom