When to apply dehumidifier?

hethen

When do you start dehumidifying? My plant is almost two months old and preflowering since I switched to 12/12 a week ago. The humidity is averaging 70. My area is approx. 3x3x7 and the plant is almost three feet tall and very healthy. My first grow didn't have as much resin as I'd liked to have had, I want sticky. I'm running a 400w sodium light, vented via fart fan, the temp is just right I believe (75 degrees). Next week I will switch from grow big to tiger bloom. I will transplant for the third time in a couple weeks to a five gallon container (fox farms potting soil is the medium).

I was wanting to start the dehumidifier next week but did want to cause any problems. What do you think? Should I wait 'till the final transplant? What humidity level is optimal?

First you need to know what the base-line humidity is in the room before you can go trying to change it. An average of up to 70% is good without going over.

40% to 50% is ideal at all life stages. 70% is asking for trouble! Oh....2006! Guess you know by now.

Back
Top Bottom