When to become a beginner

prayfortexas

The state is finally moving forward with medical pot, but when will it be legal brings a big question. I have the ability and environment to grow my own and have researched the methods and equipment needed. My question is: How soon should I order the stuff to avoid the usual price gouging that comes with a new market? I can't imagine prices ever going down when this happens. On the other hand, being human, and extremely eligible for medpot, jumping the gun would be a grand temptation, but temptation has to be personally avoided. Budgets on a fixed income are a real pain.... Any alternate ideas that have been successful? Thank you, and Peace.

The grow tents, lights, hydroponics, CO2 producer are what currently concerns me. Seeds are not legal to possess yet, right? The grow equipment would be though. I do not want to purchase all that if the bill fails. It would be great if a company would take a deposit to hold the price pending legalization. Can't stop creative sales thinking like I did in my 2nd career...:idea:

Ok equipment, gotcha. No I don't think seeds are legal yet either. As for purchasing the equipment, what scale are you looking at? A small indoor grow? A warehouse? Anything for small scale can just be bought online, probably the cheapest way as well. Large scale, idk, maybe someone else could chime in.

Sometimes when you want to do something you can overthink your planning. I mean most places it is purely illegal to grow, posses or have the equipment to do what we do. Too me your question really isn't a question per se but more of needing the courage and motivation to get started. :Namaste:

Thanks to all y'all! Medical issues will keep my grow plans small, maybe 6 plants since the bill, as written, will only permit 3 mature at any given time. I have seen so much valuable, intelligent information in this forum, that I feel no need to look further. Just hoping that a supply and personal needs balance will eventually be met. Peace...

FYI, in my state, when it MMJ became legal, we showed our MMJ cards and got a nice discount. I think you'll see prices go down when it passes.

Buy online to save cash.
Look into t5 for veg
If heating and space isn't an issue I'd recommend a 600 watt

I love these brands
Lumatek
Hortilux
Hydrofarm
House and garden nutrients
Doc buds high brix kit
Mitsubishi heat pump
Can fans
Oscillating fans wall mount I use eco plus
Botanicare flood trays
Trim bins
Bud washing
Wide mouth mason jars
Chimesawa trim scissors

Pm me or write in one of my links and I can give you a cheap moderate and high cost estimate based on rooms Sq ft

The saying "Between a rock and a hard place" seems to fit my situation like a glove... Just after 9/11, I became a corrections officer at a place that held only foreign nationals on immigration issues. The only tangible way that I felt could contribute to our country's security. My circle of friends are the good guys, honorable and respectful, who's primary concern was to keep folks safe from each other, and secure until they were released. It's the court systems job to judge, we feel. Even though I have become an overqualified potential patient, I am financially trapped in this place, or I'd be speaking "Colorado-ian" or "Washingtonian". I would never jeopardize friendship or reputation. It is very hard, with recent issues, to maintain a well deserved, honorable, truly earned reputation. So I will wait...... sadly. Peace to you all and thank you for your help.

Just buy it all now. Start growing now. Screw unjust laws. Keep your mouth shut, and nobody will know about the grow.
People have been growing for decades.

Absolutely, just do it and DO NOT TELL ANYONE ABOUT IT. Use your head and the number one rule is that loose lips are the biggest risk of getting caught. If no one knows you're growing no one will rat you out. NOBODY. I don't even trust my cat when it comes to what happens in my grow room.

Reputation means nothing to me.

I live my life to make myself happy, not to please others. In my journey to find said happiness, I have found Cannabis helps control my seizure disorder. If someone doesn't agree with my choices, I couldn't possibly care less. There's billions of people in this world, and I can easily find more supportive friends.

With that being said, the number 1 rule, is don't tell anyone. It's just like fight club. :thumb:

If you were my neighbor, you'd have absolutely no clue I grow my own medicine. My neighbors now certainly don't, some of them even smoke Cannabis regularly, and have no clue that I do too (because I haven't told them).

Living healthy, and happy means so much more than what someone thinks of me. At least that's my opinion on the matter, but I can understand and respect your point of view as well. But good luck to you in either case, I'd love to see Texas go fully legal, along with every other state, and country in this mad world of ours.

One thought might be to go to a local (or a town away) grow shop or similar, the smaller the better. Try to strike a deal with the owner or manager on everything you will need, everything. That will be a decent amount of money and if it's a small business and you pay cash, you might be able to work out a deal, maybe even a payment plan. Pay a little now to 'hold' the price.

Anyway, might be worth a try. Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom