When to harvest?

southern boy

IMG_20150820_183019108_360x640_.jpg
IMG_20150820_183007790_360x640_.jpg

This plant is a Exodus Kush hybrid. This plant was started in early March inside then I put it outside in April. Since then I got a fungus and now I am dealing with bud rot. Due to the fungus and bud rot the growth was stunted. This is my first grow so I know how much longer I have. The hairs are turning an orange color and the crystals are turning to a powder look. Any advice is welcome. Thank you.

Second one I need help with.

IMG_20150820_183538521_360x640_.jpg
IMG_20150820_183529863_360x640_.jpg

This is also a Exodus Kush hybrid. This is a larger plant that started all of the problems. It has been so bushy the humidity has caused bud rot. The fungus didn't help either. I need some with with when i need to harvest this plant. The hairs are turning an orange color in areas and the crystals have turned to a powder color. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Second one I need help with.

That is a bushy one. Hard to even see the buds but to me it looks very much too early for harvesting.
As you may or may not know- the best way to see what is really happening in terms of bud ripeness is by looking at the trichomes through a microscope. They make great pocket microscope these days. 40-60x is a good range. I won't type a book about the trichome thing- since I don't know if you need that, but can find you some links if you need.
For now though-
If you're facing bud rot now- that may be the most likely thing that determines harvest time. In my experience once a bud gets rot it needs immediate surgery to remove the affected area. If you have rot it may be difficult for you to keep it at bay
I find it usually starts near the center of buds. Have you been prying open the buds for inspection? And- what can/are you doing about the rot, if anything?

Re: Second one I need help with.

Thank you for commenting to my post. Today I cut a lot of the leaves off and pried open the buds to air them out. A lot of the hairs inside the buds are brown. What i have going on is starting from the bottom and working its way up. I am not 100% sure it is rot. Where I live it is very humid plus I tied down the stems to keep from reaching so high. I am learning a lot with this being my first time growing. I will take any advice you can give.
IMG_20150820_183019108_360x640_.jpg
IMG_20150820_183007790_360x640_.jpg

I have attached two more photos. This is the same kind of plant Exodus Kush but a runt to the other. In your professional opinion how much longer do you think I have. I am having the same problem and treating it the same. Thank you.

Is that it- the white stuff? If so probably powdery mildew which I know nothing about because for some reason I've never had it, sorry. At least this gives you something to look up. There will be lots of info on it in this forum -if that's what it is.

Is that it- the white stuff? If so probably powdery mildew which I know nothing about because for some reason I've never had it, sorry. At least this gives you something to look up. There will be lots of info on it in this forum -if that's what it is.[/QUOTE

Sorry the white stuff is fungicide that I have been used a few weeks ago.

I'm afraid I have never seen that one. Maybe a fungus or blight of some kind. Not the typical grey mold/bud rot. Best to start a thread with a more appropriate title and some pics of that. You'll get help for sure. If you think that it is in the buds already then probably best to harvest. However, as you may know, pistils do turn brown normally as the bud matures.

Back
Top Bottom