Seed from bud rot flowers?

Grandma Weedstein

As I mentioned in another thread, I got bud rot in my seed crop despite my best efforts.

Some of the buds I removed weren’t 100 percent destroyed by the fungus yet and appear to have seed near maturity with a hard shell.

Even though it doesn’t appear mushy or otherwise fucked up, is this seed defective?

Anybody have any ideas? The seeds from the rotten buds are still firm and some appear pretty mature. Is it worth trying to save and germinate them? Or is something fucked up inside?

Is this a dumb question or just one that has never come up?

Don't know that it would hurt them, though if bud rot was due to it being a Strain susceptible to it then the seeds would product plants that probably same problem more than likely unless the pollen from something else.

I recently started 30 seeds. 15 of them I scrapped with a nail file, they popped in 2 days had a nice long sturdy tap root and are doing great . The other 15 I just did the paper towel thing. Exactly the same conditions as the other seeds. They all rotted. They were all mushy and smelled gross. The only thing I did differently was scrape half them with the file. :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom