When to introduce CO2 and how?

Happy1

:cheesygrinsmiley: I have several Northern Light four week old ladies doing beautiful in soil. Should I wait till we go into flowering in several weeks to intro CO2? Or when? Just as important where do I get CO2? I am not gonna go with some tank. I have seen something to the effect that with a spray bottel and something like carbonated mineral water you can spray CO2 into the air at specific intervals during the day....any input advice or experience with CO2would be great. Thanks! :peace:

this is my first grow and I'm using the yeast method for CO2. so far it's worked quite well, 1 package of Lalvin EC-1118 champagne yeast (lasts longer than reagular bread yeast), 3/4 a cup of sugar, and six cups of water. I also picked up some corks(for the 2 3 liter bottles that I'm using for reactors), about 20ft of standard aquarium tubing, 20 T-joints, a stopcock and 2 balloons. I drilled the corks(one hole in the top and one in the side and I cut 2 of the T's and siliconed them into the cork), placed 16 T's inline around a 4 foot parabolic shade, made the mix and waited for the balloons to get nice and tight then I release the stopcock until the go flat. They fill 4 times a day, so with me being disabled, I'm usually here to release the CO2. While I'm typing, will having tomato and chile pepper plants growing with my girls hurt them in any kind of way???

Oh yeah, when the balloons don't fill anymore, just add another cup of sugar, that particular yeast will live until the alcohol content in the reactor is about 18%.

Sir toke-a-lot: How big are your plants? And how big where they when you started giving them extra CO2? Did you notice a difference in growth rate? I like your set up. Do you turn off the fans and blowers for awhile after you release the CO2? I don't think it will hurt to have your tomatoes and chilli's in w/your plants, as long as you take the vegies out before they start to flower especially the tomatoes, Pot and tomatoe plants have a lot in common geneticaly.
Vin

Has anyone tried just putting a piece of dry ice in with their plants ? also is flowering the best time to induce co2 ? Im thinking of growing purple widow using organic soil and the fox farm feeding schedule thats all oh and a fan and a bunch of floro lights 2 grow, 2 red spectrum, 2 blue spectrum

Dry ice works, but it's tough to have enough to give your plants constant c02, and it's dangerous to work with (will burn your skin) and Impossible to store, unless you have a seriously cold sub freezer like minus 110 degrees Fahrenheit.

Back
Top Bottom