When to scrog

Terpygenetics

What’s up everybody! I am wondering when I should start my scrog. I am only in seedling stage, but I heard all different things on when to start weaving in the trellis. I have 4 ladies in a 4x4. Should I start using the netting early veg, late veg or early flower? Thanks and any tips for my first time using trellis is greatly appreciated.

Hi Terpy I think you’ll get different answers from a lot of people. I personally use the net to LST As much as hooks and wires. My first trellis sits not even a foot above the top of the pot. It’s a little less effective the way I do it but it’s really easy, and slightly less stressful on the plants and myself.
That’s just me, idk how others do it, but I’m sure everyone’s input will be unique.

Hi Terpy I think you’ll get different answers from a lot of people. I personally use the net to LST As much as hooks and wires. My first trellis sits not even a foot above the top of the pot. It’s a little less effective the way I do it but it’s really easy, and slightly less stressful on the plants and myself.
That’s just me, idk how others do it, but I’m sure everyone’s input will be unique.
Ok thanks I think I will try that. Do you top before you start weaving?

Ya pretty much the same time. I topped them at the 7th node on each plant. Then I train the initial growth through a couple squares like a vine before letting it go upward again.
Okay cool do you top a second time when the plants are already in the trellis? Thanks this helps a lot.

What’s up everybody! I am wondering when I should start my scrog. I am only in seedling stage, but I heard all different things on when to start weaving in the trellis. I have 4 ladies in a 4x4. Should I start using the netting early veg, late veg or early flower? Thanks and any tips for my first time using trellis is greatly appreciated.
Hey Terpy, when utilizing the a Scrog technique I find it’s more of a constant commitment rather then a timed decision. Check out @Tokin Roll grow journal he has a good write up on scrofulous and dwc

Okay cool do you top a second time when the plants are already in the trellis? Thanks this helps a lot.
After the first top it’s all by eye for me. Frankly my goal in my current grow was to make the canopy even, didnt happen the way I imagined. Although I recommend checking out TokinRoll too, as well as others. I’m just an amateur grower. Some of these guys are pros.

Back
Top Bottom