HST and Trellising

Doctor Trevor

I'll be using a trellis for the first time and I'm wondering if I should use HST as I have done in the past. My plant is due to start the veg stage.

As she grows,l would I raise the trellis at all?

Good luck Doc, wish I could help but your out of my league on this one. Though I never thought about a tressis, hmmm.
I'm interested in seeing how they grow, send an occasional pic.

We use a screen or a SCROG net to spread the tops of the cannabis branches through the net filling the surface area of the net and maximizing the amount of light to individual colas. The net is set at the height for the duration of the grow until taken down at harvest.

What height are the cannabis plants? Can you please take some photographs of the cannabis plants and the net?

There's only one plant, this time; she's 16 inches tall, from the soil. And I'll be starting her bloom cycle next week.

a1-013024.jpeg

a2-013024.jpeg

You want to fill up the screen area as much as possible with as many branch tops spread out until the screen is full and then change the lighting schedule to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness for flower.

I had tied them down. I untied them just prior to watering; I'm not sure why.

Friday is feeding day for Ana. I'll stick her through the trellis then. Changing her lights to 12/12 will happen a few days afterwards.

Thanks.

no need to tie branches to the net... at least with how tight my rope is, i just keep tucking them under the rope.
If you were to lower that net by 8" or so you have enough growth to fill quite a few squares and the rest wont take long.
nothing really compares to it... SCROG is the way to go for an even canopy of equal sized colas and maximizing ur yield for ur space. just to answer the original question. i like to do a bit of manual topping or training so i have a few primary nodes before throwing up the net and once the net is completely filled i usually let them stretch just a little before flipping.

a second net can be put up if they end up stretching like crazy after flipping but it's preferable that they don't.
to counter that you could even tuck until the pistils form. the second net would just be used to keep the heavy branches from leaning over instead of to level the canopy like the lower one.

Follow up question: I normally flush the soil a few times. Would I still do it? If so, I'd have to raise the trellis, flush and put it as I found it. Does this sound right?

Follow up question: I normally flush the soil a few times. Would I still do it? If so, I'd have to raise the trellis, flush and put it as I found it. Does this sound right?
Highly unlikely to get it back where it was if you take it out to flush it. I would expect it to cause a lot of damage to the plant to even try that maneuver. (I'm speaking mostly of further into flower - as your plant is now, based on the pic - it would be fine)

If you need to flush, I think you would need to commit to bringing the water to the plant and figuring out a way to take the water away when done (I've used a wet/dry vac before, but there are probably better ways)

Back
Top Bottom