Question about trellis

Jay T Trichomes

Hello All,

This is my first grow and my first attempt at a trellis setup. I have a 4 x 8 tent I have installed a trellis over 4 of my green crack plants on half of that tent. I was wondering how high the trellis should be above canopy. They have a little over 6 weeks of veg and are in 5 gallon fabric pots. I am flipping them to flower in a few days. My other concern is these ladies are going to explode and be too big for the 4 x 4 area. Was just looking for any input. Thanks in advance!
E39BF9E7-6E48-4DA7-A8FE-92CF0DB405A6.jpeg

Hello All,

This is my first grow and my first attempt at a trellis setup. I have a 4 x 8 tent I have installed a trellis over 4 of my green crack plants on half of that tent. I was wondering how high the trellis should be above canopy. They have a little over 6 weeks of veg and are in 5 gallon fabric pots. I am flipping them to flower in a few days. My other concern is these ladies are going to explode and be too big for the 4 x 4 area. Was just looking for any input. Thanks in advance!
E39BF9E7-6E48-4DA7-A8FE-92CF0DB405A6.jpeg
Should be very full, close to overcrowded maybe. But manageable, if you are comfortable doing some manipulation it should be all good.

If your getting ready to flip I would drop it down into the canopy enough to start spreading the top branches out. As flowering begins and she starts stretching continue spreading her out further.

If your getting ready to flip I would drop it down into the canopy enough to start spreading the top branches out. As flowering begins and she starts stretching continue spreading her out further.
That’s the info I was looking for. I’m about 8 inches above canopy. My thoughts were to let them stretch up to it and start tucking when they grow thru the squares. Your suggesting dropping it to canopy height now and just start tucking right now

That’s the info I was looking for. I’m about 8 inches above canopy. My thoughts were to let them stretch up to it and start tucking when they grow thru the squares. Your suggesting dropping it to canopy height now and just start tucking right now

Correct. There are a lot of ways to use a trellis though. You can wait and let them grow into it and do minimal training giving a taller "canopy" above the net. Or keep it lower and train the plant horizontally under it to make a fuller shorter canopy.

I personally install my scrog net when there is at least another 2 weeks of veg left. I install it right down over the tallest tops and then pull them down under the scrog net. Then as new tops reach up through it I pull them back down and keep spreading the plant out. Once into flower and the stretch starts I stop manipulating the branches and just let all the tops grow up as one big thick even canopy of tops. The way you seem to be doing it is more like what you are calling it.. "a trellis". You seem to be going the route of using the net as support for when the colas gain weight and the net will keep the larger / heavier tops from falling over. If you veg for another week or two and bring that net lower you could fill that net in nicely and do a scrog.
Also don't worry about not having enough space. Those plants won't outgrow their tent even with another week of veg before flip. Especially if you scrog.
Either way you choose will have success and the net will provide assistance.

Happy growing! :ganjamon:

Do you weave the plant over/under over/under or just keep the plant under and only let buds out?

I usually pull them back under the screen. If you weave the plants over it they are harder to get free at harvest

Thanks! That's what i was thinking. Never done one

There is not a right or wrong way to do it really. All about making your plants fit your light and space. Whatever it takes to make that happen is right.

What are those lights you are using bud and any feedback for them?
Sorry just happen to see this! The lights are 2 quantum boards on each frame. Being powered by a meanwell 480 driver. Here is a few pics of my first autoflower grow, well I mean my first grow that just happened to be autoflowers. So far I am happy with the lights. It’s my first grow but to me the bids seem nice and dense
52CEA6A8-404D-4482-A146-80724A7698E8.jpeg
87D5512D-11D4-4FBC-A9EF-88B21E989559.jpeg
5FC60663-0F44-4E98-9EBC-9259DE584A3B.jpeg
31CB74C1-9A0F-42AB-8116-54DCABDC0277.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom