Where does it go?

Sleepy One

I have a question about watering.
I'm just going to throw some hypothetical numbers out because they aren't the point.
I check my plant by picking it up. Let's say it weighs 1 Kg. Now I water it and it weighs 2Kg. In two days It weighs 1 Kg again. Where did the weight go? If the plant drank it, shouldn't it still weigh 2Kg? I know a certain amount evaporates, but it seems to go right back to the same weight.
I'm so confused.

Here's another question to ponder....

How much of the soil gets used by the plant.

Weigh the soil add the plant grow plant chop plant weigh the soil again.

I'm betting the soil after the grow is heavier.... why?

Here's another question to ponder....

How much of the soil gets used by the plant.

Weigh the soil add the plant grow plant chop plant weigh the soil again.

I'm betting the soil after the grow is heavier.... why?
Roots?!? But that made my head hurt, so I think there’s a blunt in my future lol….

Roots?!? But that made my head hurt, so I think there’s a blunt in my future lol….
OK but where did the roots get its mass from??? Has to be the soil so its just a change from soil/elements to roots .... unless the roots get their mass from another source like the air. And we know all plants adsorb Nitrogen from the air. Sooooo ... more questions than answers. This has been studied.

I think Mendel studied this one.

I'm still working on understanding what I cant see going on in the soil. lol

1 handful of soil has more micro-oganisms than people on earth. And the population turns over every 3 days (the soil microbe population - bacteria not the fungi).

Back
Top Bottom