Which Breeders Are You Using?

After a long search I finally found a way to get some seeds from In house Genetics, without paying 100 USD for shipping!

I'm really looking forward to see what these feminized Crystal Cookies seeds can do ;)

I got some feminized (Mendo Kush x Cookies and Cream) x Dosido as freebies too, don't know where they're from but they'll probably find their way to a pot of soil at some point :)

Just want to clear up what I mean by cheap beans.. you'll notice you can buy 3-5-10 packs, these are what I mean.. you'll find (not always) that the better breeders packets are more expensive to buy but per seed are cheaper.. you'll usually get between 10-18 seeds per pack of reg beans..

I can count on less than two hands, the number of truly exceptional breeders working today. The other 1001 or so, are pollen chuckers looking to cash in on the "green rush" caused by legal cannabis. They should be tarred, feathered, and run the fuck out of town.
The majority of the "breeders" I see people here buying from, I wouldn't feed their "work" to the birds at my feeders. And no, I won't critique specific entities-Let's just say I spend a lot of time wincing at genetics "descriptions" I see posted by breeders/sites.
One of the great ones, is Shantibaba, of MNS. Original line P1 stock, dedicated facilities, and knowledgeable as fsck.
The vast majority of growers here grow poly (poly) hybrids. That's not a bad thing, necessarily, but with four or more parent lines (and each of those parents containing multiple lines) on each side of a hybrid, the variations (for good or bad) are mathematically, exponentially huge-which leads to "unicorn hunting" and I'm no fan of that, personally, though I can see how people can find it enjoyable.
(A hybrid with 2 polys on each side has a minimum of 16-cubed possible expressions. 16x16. No bueno.)
These days, anybody who pollinates a plant and manages to get (or create) retail distribution, considers themselves a "professional breeder." I saw a very flashy Canadian seed site recently that listed just about every popular "named" hybrid (and clone-only) going, allegedly for sale in seed form, but when the time came for the "breeder" to describe his methodology (which he was dumb enough, in this case, to do) it was clear he absolutely no fucking idea wtf he was doing. People like that were routinely laughed off of sites like Overgrow back in the day-breeders were vetted by the community, by their work. Not so much so, any more.
I suggest very very serious research when buying genetics. The more serious a grower you are, the more serious your research should be. Breeding houses that use older P1 stock, like MNS and in some instances Sensi Seeds, are a great starting point.
And also, feminized seeds, and autos, are fucking garbage, if you're looking for the best possible results.
Stick with natural, m/f seeds, as nature intended, and you'll be rewarded in the end.
Haha oops I'm ranting lol Okay, I'll stfu ..

-Doc

**Oops: I'd like to find some Paradise Seeds Sensi Star, non-feminized seeds, but all they seem to stock any more are the femm'd version.**

Caveat: I rarely run seeds these days. I have a pretty large library of heirloom clones.

I can count on less than two hands, the number of truly exceptional breeders working today. The other 1001 or so, are pollen chuckers looking to cash in on the "green rush" caused by legal cannabis. They should be tarred, feathered, and run the fuck out of town.
The majority of the "breeders" I see people here buying from, I wouldn't feed their "work" to the birds at my feeders. And no, I won't critique specific entities-Let's just say I spend a lot of time wincing at genetics "descriptions" I see posted by breeders/sites.
One of the great ones, is Shantibaba, of MNS. Original line P1 stock, dedicated facilities, and knowledgeable as fsck.
The vast majority of growers here grow poly (poly) hybrids. That's not a bad thing, necessarily, but with four or more parent lines (and each of those parents containing multiple lines) on each side of a hybrid, the variations (for good or bad) are mathematically, exponentially huge-which leads to "unicorn hunting" and I'm no fan of that, personally, though I can see how people can find it enjoyable.
(A hybrid with 2 polys on each side has a minimum of 16-cubed possible expressions. 16x16. No bueno.)
These days, anybody who pollinates a plant and manages to get (or create) retail distribution, considers themselves a "professional breeder." I saw a very flashy Canadian seed site recently that listed just about every popular "named" hybrid (and clone-only) going, allegedly for sale in seed form, but when the time came for the "breeder" to describe his methodology (which he was dumb enough, in this case, to do) it was clear he absolutely no fucking idea wtf he was doing. People like that were routinely laughed off of sites like Overgrow back in the day-breeders were vetted by the community, by their work. Not so much so, any more.
I suggest very very serious research when buying genetics. The more serious a grower you are, the more serious your research should be. Breeding houses that use older P1 stock, like MNS and in some instances Sensi Seeds, are a great starting point.
And also, feminized seeds, and autos, are fucking garbage, if you're looking for the best possible results.
Stick with natural, m/f seeds, as nature intended, and you'll be rewarded in the end.
Haha oops I'm ranting lol Okay, I'll stfu ..

-Doc

**Oops: I'd like to find some Paradise Seeds Sensi Star, non-feminized seeds, but all they seem to stock any more are the femm'd version.**

Caveat: I rarely run seeds these days. I have a pretty large library of heirloom clones.

I think there are many breeders out there doing a good job and also many nice fem and auto strains.

Autoflowers are completely natural arctic hemp crossed with potent cannabis, this makes it possible to get a harvest in 3-4 months in places very photoperiod plants can't finish properly. Most of the non-mainstream strains are not feminized and there's a big movement in northern europe towards these genes both full auto and semi auto.

I certainly agree that it's sad to see regular seeds disappearing from the market.

I think there are many breeders out there doing a good job and also many nice fem and auto strains.
Autoflowers are completely natural arctic hemp crossed with potent cannabis, this makes it possible to get a harvest in 3-4 months in places very photoperiod plants can't finish properly. Most of the non-mainstream strains are not feminized and there's a big movement in northern europe towards these genes both full auto and semi auto.
I certainly agree that it's sad to see regular seeds disappearing from the market.

"Autos" involve crossing "hybrid xYz" to Ruderalis hemp, which I've been aware of since Neville made it available via The Seed Bank, back in 1988-ish. The reason it was introduced was as you say, but Ruderalis was never meant to be bred into indoor, high performance hybrids, as the hemp component absolutely trashes the fuck out of drug cannabis-it was meant specifically for outdoor(!) cannabis growers with short photoperiods. Using it to hybridize indoor, high performance hybrids so lazy motherfuckers won't have to flip lights is taking an enormous shit in the cannabis gene pool and in my humble opinion it's an utter abortion.

-Doc

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Royal Queen Kush #1- Germinates 92%, drought resistant, decent harvest, strong effects buy em
Victory Seed - Big Bud 80% germination, was drought resistant, good harvest but not huge, good strong smoke
Green House- Big Bang 100% germination, my first seeds that were not bag seeds, so total amazement, buy em
Delicious Sugar Black Rose- Wet year and they died after transplant, could not take having wet feet for extended rains, when others thrived
Royal Queen Special Queen #1- I could not tell the difference between RQ Kush #1
Delicious Cheese Candy- Grew strong, fast and first to start flowering last year, had several that had me very excited to harvest but LE grabbed them.
Black Destroyer- I have trouble with the "black" strains as they just do not do well for me, but I gave a buddy a few clones and I still pull out the Black Destroyer for special events, like 8 o'clock. buy em
Nirvana- White Rhino- Grew OK but not as strong as I like em.

So for this year I have ordered
Royal Queen Kush#1 - Cheap and good
Strain Hunters Money Maker- we will see
9-15-15.JPG

I will make clones to fill out the trays and they will go outdoors in the corn fields this year. ten plants per field, 5 here 5 there.

Wyotester :rofl::rofl:that's funny man... would have been funnier if you didn't agree and gave reasons... that's just made my day :rofl:

Most of the "breeders" these days sell seeds developed in Spain or Holland by few commercial pollen chuckers, who either work with the same clones and males just switching the combinations to get something "different". As a result genetic pool on cannabis becomes really narrow, cause how long can you keep crossing Skunk #1 with Sour Diesel, OG Kush, BlueBerry and Afghani? It takes years of dedicated work to achieve a really interesting strain that has something original going on, and you definitely have to go back to landrace P1 for starters, which 2 or 3 seedbanks in the world do while unstable strains rule the growrooms, and noobs keep asking why did I get 5 different plants from 10 seed pack if it's just one strain? Well they get hustled as most of these doesn't even get F1 stability test, which should uncover all the characteristics for further stabilization in F2, F3 and F4, both positive and negative.

Any suggested breeders to look into conradino? I saw your earlier mention of ace cannabiogen and hso :)

Ace and Cannabiogen catalogue is definitely worth checking out for the landraces and great hybrids developed from the same stock. HSO is good for new school classics as they offer everything in S1 version.

Most of the "breeders" these days sell seeds developed in Spain or Holland by few commercial pollen chuckers, who either work with the same clones and males just switching the combinations to get something "different". As a result genetic pool on cannabis becomes really narrow, cause how long can you keep crossing Skunk #1 with Sour Diesel, OG Kush, BlueBerry and Afghani? It takes years of dedicated work to achieve a really interesting strain that has something original going on, and you definitely have to go back to landrace P1 for starters, which 2 or 3 seedbanks in the world do while unstable strains rule the growrooms, and noobs keep asking why did I get 5 different plants from 10 seed pack if it's just one strain? Well they get hustled as most of these doesn't even get F1 stability test, which should uncover all the characteristics for further stabilization in F2, F3 and F4, both positive and negative.

The majority of the "breeders" today don't even have legit clones of the "elite" cuts like OG Kush, Sour D, etc. that they claim to have-they get their "genetics" from polyhybrid seeds made by other pollen chuckers. Which is why the vast majority of "claimed" crosses out there have little-to-nothing to do with the nomenclature used to describe them in "seed bank" ad copy. It's a cash grab, nothing more. And people eat it up. That people order SINGLE SEEDS is a prime indicator that the seed buying consumers aren't bothering to educate themselves as to how these genetics really work, and to be honest it's really fucking sad.
As an example, I look at OG Kush "genetics" offered by various entities and I've rarely ever seen actual OGK genetics at play. Sour Diesel is another. I've got the Ghost, SFV, & H.A. OGK Cuts, had 'em for years, same with Sour Diesel and many others. Most companies pimping these shoddy knockoffs have never even smoked the legit cuts, let alone own/breed with them. Their pictures tell the truth, even if they don't.
It's not so much a "narrowing of the gene pool" as it is that there's between four and sixteen parents on each side of the shitty polyhybrid crosses being offered as "legit" representations of actual top shelf genetics-and there's plenty of "trusted" seed shops selling this utter fucking dreck. If this 'board wasn't such a safe space I'd happily take a few examples to task, but that wouldn't end well for my account, so I digress.

-Doc

So my white Girl Scout cookies might not be legit :rofl::rofl: I've only been searching breeders beans since I got the internet.. was 20 years of "bagseed" prior. I've said it often , those are better than what I've brought.. also the amount of mutations/deformities I've seen last few years, shit I've never seen before..

So my white Girl Scout cookies might not be legit :rofl::rofl: I've only been searching breeders beans since I got the internet.. was 20 years of "bagseed" prior. I've said it often , those are better than what I've brought.. also the amount of mutations/deformities I've seen last few years, shit I've never seen before..

GSC is clone-only, done by the Cookies Family. It's not a seed, but you'd never know that looking at seed retailers. The "thin mint", "white" et al, are variations on a theme and aren't, imvho, GSC but were released simply to capitalize on a "name craze". The whole "cookies" thing, I find wholly unimpressive anyway, and Blue Dream, well, the reason it's so popular is because California has such a fucking surplus of it that knuckleheads are shipping metric fucktons of it to any dumb college kid willing to risk taking packages in the mail. Clearly, college kids ain't too bright as Blue Dream has proliferated college campuses across the country as if it was a venereal disease..

-Doc

I've been looking at the Panama from Ace for some time now ;)

@conradino23

What about the ''landrace'' strains from World of Seeds, do you have experience with those?

@GrizzWald

I'm beginning to look into getting some seeds from a local breeder Bald Man Lala (Bald Monkey Seeds, Derg Cerra Colletive and maybe more collaboration collectives/breeders)
He's been breeding since the 70's both outdoor strains for northern europe and indoor strains.
The Pakistani landrace strain called Aunt of Farouk looks promising;)

Nice, thread,,,,i will agree to disagree,,you ALMOST get what you PAY for ,,that's as good as it gets,,your absolutely right about genetics being waterd down for profit,or simply trash unstable genetics,,,and NEVER even pop,,or hatch,,i get it,,but let's not let 1 or 50 bad apples spoil it for the rest of the LEGIT SEED BANKS,,,,,
My favourite breeder is SOMA SACRED SEEDS ,,and SENSI SEEDS ,,and (LITTLE CHIEF COLLABS tangie ghost train is the ONLY SEED thay sell lol,,,)thats it ONE strain in their entire SEED bank,,,i had to get it,,,theirs plenty of GREAT SEED banks still out their,,,you must test them yourself ,instead of going by someone else's experience,,,you could end up with some amazing strains,,i heard SOMAS not even involved any more with breeding,,that he sub contracted to Spain or something,,,
I still orderd,and eveyplant was unbelievable???all you can do is SEE for yourself and use the best phenotypes you find,and work with those,,cloning ect,,I've spent 500$ for 20 of the best strains I could find,,,mostly SOMAS genetics,,EVERY SEED GREMANATED and every plants CHARACTERISTICS,FEATURES,SMELLS,,that are mentiond in the description of the SEEDS ,before I orderd them are 100% accurate and FOREAL,,I will never need to place another order again,, We all know that's not happening lol,,im waiting on a few New strains to re stock,,I love ordering new and old strains,,,,,you really get what you pay for,,,some people spend lots of money, and expect to be able to force feed their plants EXTRA because thay spent so much money,thay want to get the most out of that one plant,,it's the opposite,,doesant matter if the SEED cost 5$ or 30$ keep everything exactly the same..and be patient,
I 've grown mystery strains before,, I don't like NOT knowing exactly what I'm smoking,,atleast SEED banks give you an idea to work with,untill you can discover BETTER traits and create your own strains from their..Seedbanks are people to,,lol,,,some SEED banks deserve to be black listed,,,NOT ALL,,,HAPPY GROWING....
P.s...anybody ever grow AFGHAN KUSH SPECIAL 100% indica,from WORLD of SEEDS?? I'm also GROWING that one,,this is my FIRST 100% indica plant,,any advice,, I'm always open.

While I agree that there are many seed companies that are dishonest and simply put a popular name on any seed they are pushing, there are still many reputable and honest companies out there. Dinafem, Nirvana, Sensi Seed and Green House Seeds are the companies I have used for years and have been very successful with. There are others that are as equally as good and reliable, but, these are the ones I can vouch for as being consistently good and dependable. For instance, I have ordered Blue Dream from Nirvana many times, and it is always the same pheno type, with small variations. I consider that to be a good sign of truthfulness from the breeder. There are other good companies out there, but I cannot honestly say that I can vouch for them, because I have never used them. Having said that, there are a ton of dishonest, popup seed companies that are simply ripping folks off by putting an enticing and popular name on their seeds. they are in it for the short term and could careless about your satisfaction. Hope this helps.

I have SOMARI from SOMA SEEDS,,crossed with EVERYTHING I HAVE LOL,,
nobody deserves to be hustled ,especially the sick or poor,,this is GOD PLANT ,,
0225172235.jpg
0225172232.jpg
,HAPPY GROWING..

Back
Top Bottom