White stuff on top of my soil

spazcore

Hey everyone. I'm on my first indoor grow and I'm having tons of fun with it but I noticed today a white almost powder looking substance on top of my soil. I asked a guy at my local dispensary and he thinks it may be salt deposits.

I originally thought it may be mold but I'm not sure either way. I wouldn't need to scrap my grow if it had mold on the soil would I? If it's salt deposits would I just flush it out?

I know a couple problems im having with this grow is that 1: I didn't use enough perlite. And 2 I put my plants into far to big of pots for my grow space I have 3 #10 buckets in a 2x2x4 room.

420-magazine-mobile550643256.jpg
420-magazine-mobile905952043.jpg

That's the grow room. Its a 45watt 255 led full spectrum light with advertised 2400 lumens. 3 usb 3 inch fans in a Mylar foam box. The door has a carbon home air filter doubled over for odor control and circulation. I had planned on putting an input fan and using the door as an exhaust but wanted to see how it worked without first.

sounds like salts. A pic of the white substance in question would be most helpful though. If it is salt buildup from feeding its nothing to worry about just flush good before harvest.

420-magazine-mobile965036372.jpg
420-magazine-mobile324769762.jpg

Sorry camera lens is fucked from sawdust in my pocket. But I'm thinking since I actually sealed the box shy of a vent and it's actually getting more forced and directed air it's just salts in the soil. I have way too much soil to perlite and my drainage isn't the best.

Back
Top Bottom