White mold or Mycorrhizae fungi on top of coco?

The123321

I have a plant in coco in a 3 gallon fabric pot that I would likely harvest in the next 1-3 weeks on there. The tent has a strong fan and it has the clip on fans in it and is like 75f with like 60% rh. I found this white around the edge of the top of the coco today. I have done some reading online and it looks like most people say it is ok and not to worry about it. I think it may be Mycorrhizae fungi from the real growers recharge that I watered it with a few days ago. Here are a few images of it.

1660971235451.png

1660971244761.png

PkHmnW3.jpg

The plant has organic dry amendments in the coco that I water every day with tap water with calmag with ascrobic acid vitamin c powder that I use to remove chloramine in the water and I do not water to runoff. It had a little white around the edges of the top of the plant for weeks though I thought that was likely salt buildup but now it has this on there. It also has white around the outside edges of the pot that I thought was calcium on there. I did water it with real growers recharge a few days ago that has beneficial microbes in it. I have read that some people say the white mold may be microbes on there?

What would you do? Would you remove the white from the top of the coco or would you try to work it into the coco or would you treat it with something? I have read some people recommend putting cinnamon on it or spray it with white vinegar and water or h202 and water. What would you recommend on there?

I would VERY carefully remove anything that has not been touched by that Botrytis (Bud rot- sorry dude)
It is caused by high humidity during flowering.
If those spores disperse they will be in your tent environment, so I recc bagging the affected areas with small baggies, tying them off then lopping off the branch.
The H202 thing is that once you harvest a plant affected by bud rot & have disposed of all the rotten buds,you can "wash" the remaining decent buds with a few solutions, one being H2)2 and water- in a 4 step process.
Bud rot is really nasty. The growers curse. Get your humidity down and look for signs of it regularly, a white "foam" or a dead leaf that comes away with soft stuff inside- then carefull bin any you find. Unfortunately it thrives in the fattest colas. Nightmare. Hope you can reclaim some of your buds.

Thanks. The white is on the coco not on the plant. It is around the edge of the top of the coco next to the pot. The rh in the tent is like 55 - 60%. I have the 6" ac infinity fan with filter with 4 clip on fans in the tent with 2 blowing down on the top of the plants and 2 blowing over the top of the coco on this and 1 more plant on there.

Thanks. This is the top of the pot. I defoliated around the bottoms of the plants to improve air flow. I missed a few of the leaves that I cut off the plant. I plan to remove those dead leaves from the top of the coco tomorrow on there. I have had what looks like lots of deficiencies in the plants and have moved to a different nutrient line and growing plan for the next grow on there.

Back
Top Bottom