White Widow Auto, done yet?

Trendkill2

420 Member
I don't think so, the pistals are too white, your close though. Do you have a magnifyer, if so, that is the best way for me. That way you can check out the trichomes to be more precise with your personal wants and taste.

Though it's hard to see (old eyes, fuzzy close-up), are those male flowers forming on the second picture, bottom bud, or is it just foxtailing? IMHO, it looks like the "new" white pistils are a result of foxtailing, don't use those to check ripeness. You can see that the buds are almost done, but you need to keep checking the trichs, look on the caylxes, not the sugar leaves, if the trichs are all milky, then harvest is your call.

Though it's hard to see (old eyes, fuzzy close-up), are those male flowers forming on the second picture, bottom bud, or is it just foxtailing? IMHO, it looks like the "new" white pistils are a result of foxtailing, don't use those to check ripeness. You can see that the buds are almost done, but you need to keep checking the trichs, look on the caylxes, not the sugar leaves, if the trichs are all milky, then harvest is your call.
Foxtailing I guess, would an auto throw male flowers? These are my first harvest, so I’ve been checking trichs daily with a loupe, don’t want to miss my window.
Struggling with keeping humidity in check. Thanks

Autos have a shorter flowering period, so feed and light should be adjusted in accordance with their growth stage
It looks like you have continued feeding for new flowers which doesn't ripen the older flowers you already have
I'd start giving plain pH'd water/flushing agent/carbs - the buds look decent

Autos have a shorter flowering period, so feed and light should be adjusted in accordance with their growth stage
It looks like you have continued feeding for new flowers which doesn't ripen the older flowers you already have
I'd start giving plain pH'd water/flushing agent/carbs - the buds look decent
Thanks for the wisdom, I’ve been giving just ph’d water with Sweet Candy added at 2 grams per gallon for about the last 2 weeks, should I stop adding the Sweet Candy you think?
Thanks

Thanks for the wisdom, I’ve been giving just ph’d water with Sweet Candy added at 2 grams per gallon for about the last 2 weeks, should I stop adding the Sweet Candy you think?
Thanks
Yeah, I use Candy too until the final stages, so I'd quit it a week or two before harvest
Don't know if your prefer to flush or not, but I do, 3-7 days before chop

Foxtailing I guess, would an auto throw male flowers? These are my first harvest, so I’ve been checking trichs daily with a loupe, don’t want to miss my window.
Struggling with keeping humidity in check. Thanks
Any plant can throw male flowers, auto or photo, feminized or not. Usually a stress response, sometimes genetic, also can happen late in flower, really doesn't cause any harm in late flower because most all the pistils are shriveled and not receptive, and the "foxtails" won't have time to form seeds. Clear close-ups of the buds would help.

overall she looks pretty much done, foxtails are her last ditch effort to catch pollen but remember she’s playing the long game. She can hang right here for a minute showing her goodies since she’s looking to survive and/or pass on her genetics.

with photoperiods many do diminishing light hours down from 12/12 to 11/13 or 10/14 to move things along, dunno if that plays well in autos since I don’t have much experience there

ditto what Phyto sez - better pics will get you better answers.. it’s not like harvest window is going to slam but you also don’t want to slow bake trichs for another 3 weeks needlessly.

that first pic of big main top looks great, she’s going for bust!!!

That’s tight- really nice work!!!

Yeah, I use Candy too until the final stages, so I'd quit it a week or two before harvest
Don't know if your prefer to flush or not, but I do, 3-7 days before chop
Hey Ron, thanks again, but when you say flush, are we talking just watering normally with plain water or do you mean
2 to 3 times as much water flooding the soil?

Hey Ron, thanks again, but when you say flush, are we talking just watering normally with plain water or do you mean
2 to 3 times as much water flooding the soil?
I use a Canna Flush or Flawless Finish rinse, then plain water - just my preference
I don't 'flush' in the sense of drowning it with 3x pot volume, just to run-off in the bath tub is enough

Ditto to what others have said…..all great comments. I don’t grow autos anymore but did at one time. My first auto grow, I continued feeding and the buds never “finished”, or so I thought. They never did show more than a small number of amber trichs and I still had new white pistils at 18-19 weeks….yes 19 weeks. Over and over I kept thinking “one more week”.
I finally chopped but the aroma and stickiness of the buds had dissipated noticeably.
If I were u, I’d lower my nighttime temps, give only water and chop in a week or so, as long as your trichs are mostly cloudy.
For the record, myself and quite a few others have found that during late flower the buds prefer cooler temps (overall) and will finish consistently when the difference b/t day and night temps increases.
There are many other factors at play that can alter things too. But for temps, I stay around 80f for daytime and 70f at night for the majority of the grow. Then around week 7/8 of flower I lower my temps gradually by about 5/6f degrees.
I know a bunch of successful growers that do this….plus the lower nighttime temps usually induce some vibrant colors, mostly purples.
Good luck…..the buds look great…..just don’t let the terps go hell waiting on the perfect finish.

Ditto to what others have said…..all great comments. I don’t grow autos anymore but did at one time. My first auto grow, I continued feeding and the buds never “finished”, or so I thought. They never did show more than a small number of amber trichs and I still had new white pistils at 18-19 weeks….yes 19 weeks. Over and over I kept thinking “one more week”.
I finally chopped but the aroma and stickiness of the buds had dissipated noticeably.
If I were u, I’d lower my nighttime temps, give only water and chop in a week or so, as long as your trichs are mostly cloudy.
For the record, myself and quite a few others have found that during late flower the buds prefer cooler temps (overall) and will finish consistently when the difference b/t day and night temps increases.
There are many other factors at play that can alter things too. But for temps, I stay around 80f for daytime and 70f at night for the majority of the grow. Then around week 7/8 of flower I lower my temps gradually by about 5/6f degrees.
I know a bunch of successful growers that do this….plus the lower nighttime temps usually induce some vibrant colors, mostly purples.
Good luck…..the buds look great…..just don’t let the terps go hell waiting on the perfect finish.
Thanks for the info, it all makes perfect sense to me. I’ll have to lower the temperature a bit.

Any plant can throw male flowers, auto or photo, feminized or not. Usually a stress response, sometimes genetic, also can happen late in flower, really doesn't cause any harm in late flower because most all the pistils are shriveled and not receptive, and the "foxtails" won't have time to form seeds. Clear close-ups of the buds would help.
Think I found some nanners, what should I do next?

nope just harvest as normal, then box it up and ship it to me… as part of my pledge to help I will destroy all the evidence in a series of small fires…

:blunt:

just kidding of course but yes she’s perfectly fine - popping a nanner or two but just pluck any you find and go about your business
Lol,
Looks like she made some seeds too, I’m bummed, if so would the seeds be usable auto seeds?

Pick off the nanas if possible, the bud will still be fine, but you may want to harvest a bit early before any hidden ones shoot their load and your girls get a face like a decorator's radio ;)
Hey Roy, lol, looks like there are maybe some seeds in there too, but I’m wondering these were in tent (18 hrs light) with some clones that are vegging, would they have been affected at all?

Back
Top Bottom