White Widow Fem Grow Advice Anyone?

BarstowSmoker

Hello everyone,
I'm here today to get some advice and see what you guys think. I plan to start growing as soon as the seeds come in. So to start off this post I would like to tell you everything I purchased and then we will go from there.

This will be an indoor grow.

Gorilla Grow Tent 2x2.5 Shorty edition -$225
LED 150w - $229 (also have SuperNova 300w LED I bought for $35)
6in Viagrow Carbon Exhaust /w 15' of ducting - $217
10 Pack Feminized White Widow from CropKings - $90 + $30 shipping ( Forgot to use 10% code boooo)

now that the most expensive stuff is out of the way . I got a few things off amazon.

Smartpots 5gal
Kind soil 5lbs - going to need more - didn't realize how much I needed
Coco Loco
Adjustable light rope
Accurite thermometer /w humity reading
1) small fan may need another

Also has anyone done a comparison to KindSoil vs SoHum Soil? I'm looking to avoid nutrients of any kind including PH up/down. I also know that there is a lot of controversy about LED lights and which ones are better blah blah blah but hey I'm new to this and would probably like to save that for another post.

So any suggestions

First off, Welcome BarstowSmoker,
You say you're looking to avoid any nutrients if possible, i'm just curious on why that is as plants (of any kind) do need nutrients to thrive.
I understand if you dont want to use synthesized nutrients or anything non organic but what about the organic ones?

I'm beggining to grow WW Fem for the first time and will be starting them off indoors then transplanting outdoors in biodegradable pots. I bought potting soil mixed iwth peat moss, and a blood/bonemeal mix and will be going out to get organic fertilzer once it comes on sale.
I will start to feed my plants roughly two weeks into veg i think or after first sprout out of the pot.

Plants need Nitrogen and Phosphorus to thrive and without enough of that in the soil they won't be getting any food or energy they neeed to live.

When I transplant i'm digging a hole and will throw some fish heads, banana peels, apples etc (pretty much compost in the bottom of the hole) then I'm going to fill the hole up with Nutrient rich soil and top it with potting soil and cut wholes in the biodegradable pots so they break down easier and will plant them in the pots in the soil.

Honestly I think LED lights are fine, Incandescant may be better but thats because it's more heated although it will be way more expensive on your hydro bills and it will also become a fire hazard with those type of bulbs.

Two fans i think would be ideal, two in opposite corners of one another to keep air circulatingn throughout the entire room and goeing through your filtered air vents.

Post some pictures if you can and keep me posted on what you do, since im growing mine outside (25 pack WW Fem, $185 + $30 + %10 discount = $203.18) Outdoor has potential yeild up to 300gr/per-plant While Indoor has potential Yeild of 400gr/Per-plant

I do plan on growing one indoor so I would love to compare notes with you about our two grow operations, as I will also be starting mine indoors but will be hardening them outside.
I hope I helped abit and I look forward to hearing from you Barstrow Smoker:) Have a good day

So great to get such a fast and thoughtful reply. First things first is that I don’t plan on using any nutrients because KindSoil is supposed to be an amended super soil “water only” type of soil. I think you should check it out I’m going 5 lbs of kind soil and filling the rest of a 5 gal smart pot with coco loco. That’s what they recommend. I would definitely love to compare note once we get this thing started. Definitely interested in seeing what u manage to yield outdoors and I have been considering building a greenhouse but decided to go indoors for now. Overall please check out KindSoil and shoot me some feed back would definitely be glad to hear your thoughts.

Okay, I never knew that about KindSoil, I'll definitly have to check it out, right now I just have potting soil that is mixed with peat moss that will be great for starting the plants out in veg stage.

Would Canadian Tire, Rona, or Walmart Carry KindSoil or where should I look for that? (I got my potting soil and biodegradble pots n Bone/Bloodmeal mix all from Canadian tire and plan on getting more organic fertilizer)
But if I do get Kindsoil I'll definitly try it out

Now Whats the Coco Loco, I see it being brought up a fair bit as a topic but I've never learned about or know what it is exactly.

I've also been wanting to build a Greenhouse I'm just not sure where i could discreetly get one going.

Although My outdoor grow I will end up building shelters and just amend it differently every now and agin due to change in weather and to kick off flowering process ifi the seasons don't
For that I would Use Garden stakes and Tarps, stuff liek that.

I'm putting 9 gage wires all around the area I plan on growing to keep animals out and hopefully theives. I'm also setting up motion sensored deer cams and am looking into wireless cameras that can run without Wifi or a network connection so I can check in on the plants when I need to.

Plus that'll help notify me if any problems occur that need to be ammended.

I also plan on releasing lady bugs in the area to prevent any kind of infestation of pests long before they have the chance to kick off.

If I do use KindSoil, I'm going to use the blood/bonemeal mix roughly 14-18 days maybe 20 days into veg with the potting soil and when the time comes to plant; I'm going to dig a hole throw organic compounds in such as, Fish heads, Banana Peels, Apples, Any thing compostable and biodegradable will go into the whole, (Fresh official nutrients for the soil in the area and for the plants( Fairly deep but nott too far)) I'll also Throw the Kindsoil Ontop of that and pretty much fill the entire hole with it then maybe just do a small top layer of the potting soil with peat moss,..

Unless I use Coco Loco but again i'm not sure what that is, How come it's recommended with KindSoil for indoor grow?
Also did you order this in online or did you go to a local gardening store for them.
If i get my hands on some I would love to give you my personal feedback

When do you get your seeds, and if you already have them, when do you plan on germinating and planting? ( Mine will Arrive on Tuesday April 10th (4 days from now))

I’m in the lower 48 so I don’t quite know when the seeds will be coming in I’ll update it once I get the tracking number.

I bought the KindSoil off Amazon along with the coco loco.
The theory behind KindSoil is that you fill up the bottom potion of ur pot with KindSoil and fill the rest with a different potting mix they recommend coco loco. There for when your plant is very young it will live off the coco loco and once it gets going and roots start digging deeper they find a vital food source waiting for them. So when the plant wants to just drink they have clean water at the top/ medium part of the pot and when they are “hungry” the roots can dig deeper into the food source. Seems legit and they’re plenty of YouTube video that show some grows using it. Ima try that and hope for the best. Honestly kinda the same method your doing just in a pot and already premade.

As for germination I will be following the steps on the crop kings website only because if less than 80% germinate then they send you a new batch free.

I seen a decent looking greenhouse on the Walmart website that people can see through so deciding if that will be the best route. I would love to try the method you have going on. I love the whole idea of a nutrition pile down where mature roots may reach.

Lol I work at walmart and I get a 10% Discount also thatd be good :p also yeah that root reaching down idea is smart, thats kindof why i was gonna throw composted fish heads, bananna peels etc in the bottom of where i'll be growing my plants,

also im nervouse using their germination method because i dont want to drown the seeds, i've never used it before but i could watch videos on it; also do they actually send you a new batch? I never knew that

I'll upload a picture of the supplies i Have at the moment when i get home, i think im gonna go buy some more stuff too, i definitly want a soil moisture level meter i can put in the ground

I just got my tracking number today; is this your first time growing?

First off, Welcome BarstowSmoker,
You say you're looking to avoid any nutrients if possible, i'm just curious on why that is as plants (of any kind) do need nutrients to thrive.
I understand if you dont want to use synthesized nutrients or anything non organic but what about the organic ones?

I'm beggining to grow WW Fem for the first time and will be starting them off indoors then transplanting outdoors in biodegradable pots. I bought potting soil mixed iwth peat moss, and a blood/bonemeal mix and will be going out to get organic fertilzer once it comes on sale.
I will start to feed my plants roughly two weeks into veg i think or after first sprout out of the pot.

Plants need Nitrogen and Phosphorus to thrive and without enough of that in the soil they won't be getting any food or energy they neeed to live.

When I transplant i'm digging a hole and will throw some fish heads, banana peels, apples etc (pretty much compost in the bottom of the hole) then I'm going to fill the hole up with Nutrient rich soil and top it with potting soil and cut wholes in the biodegradable pots so they break down easier and will plant them in the pots in the soil.

Honestly I think LED lights are fine, Incandescant may be better but thats because it's more heated although it will be way more expensive on your hydro bills and it will also become a fire hazard with those type of bulbs.

Two fans i think would be ideal, two in opposite corners of one another to keep air circulatingn throughout the entire room and goeing through your filtered air vents.

Post some pictures if you can and keep me posted on what you do, since im growing mine outside (25 pack WW Fem, $185 + $30 + %10 discount = $203.18) Outdoor has potential yeild up to 300gr/per-plant While Indoor has potential Yeild of 400gr/Per-plant

I do plan on growing one indoor so I would love to compare notes with you about our two grow operations, as I will also be starting mine indoors but will be hardening them outside.
I hope I helped abit and I look forward to hearing from you Barstrow Smoker:) Have a good day

I'm doing the exact same thing... I just started my germinating. I have 5 WW seeds and 5 Dark Angel seeds. I will be growing indoors until June 1st and then putting them outside in grow bags. We should keep in touch to compare notes. I live in Ontario Canada.. where are you located? As for germinating.... I put mine in a glass of water for around 14 hours... then in paper towel. So far 9 out of my 10 seeds have "tails".

I'm doing the exact same thing... I just started my germinating. I have 5 WW seeds and 5 Dark Angel seeds. I will be growing indoors until June 1st and then putting them outside in grow bags. We should keep in touch to compare notes. I live in Ontario Canada.. where are you located? As for germinating.... I put mine in a glass of water for around 14 hours... then in paper towel. So far 9 out of my 10 seeds have "tails".
Hey NEWBGRWR, I would love to keep in touch and compare notes aswell, I have pictures of a lot of stuff i bought today i prob have a budget of $400-$450 not including the $200 i spent on the seeds
I Also live in Ontario Canada, I'm extremely tempted to try this method out i'm just worreid i won't yeild as much as just putting seeds in a damp paper towel, although I think I'll try it out with half of my seeds first.

I was going to start my germination next week and then plan on vegetating them for the next 40ish days then take them outside hopefully sometime in may, (I cant keep them in my house for too long)

I have a green house and raised garden bed with animal barrier kit but I still have no place to put it yet I don't really have a backyard it's a patio filled with cars

I have biodegradabl pots and i'm making my own compost(Just bought a tumbling composter) That i'm going to make my own soil/fertilizer with

I also have blood/bonemeal mix and other Organic! Fertilizer for during the veg stage

and the compost should do the rest without any of the other fertilizers during flowering stage (I Will have phosphorous fertilizer during this stage though

I have noticed with ours, if you don't watch their nutrient intake they will basically take it from themselves. Even with loaded soil, you will want to watch them and make sure she has enough water. Also in flower, we noticed for good, dense nugs you have to have strong lights. talk to @Derbybud on lights as I know he has like 3 going right now.

Just got my seeds currently in the wet papertowel currently no cracked seeds yet. Did the 16 hours of soaking yesterday. Will update soon.
I did the 14 hours of soaking yesterday to today, and i ahd wet paper towel on them for last 3 hours, they are now cracked and small tap rot showing, i will continue to keep them moist and above my fridge in a dark place until tap roots come out more

I have noticed with ours, if you don't watch their nutrient intake they will basically take it from themselves. Even with loaded soil, you will want to watch them and make sure she has enough water. Also in flower, we noticed for good, dense nugs you have to have strong lights. talk to @Derbybud on lights as I know he has like 3 going right now.
What about outdoor light? the sun

and basically add some fertilizer and bone/bloodmeal?
for nutrients i also have tomatoe premium growth mix mixed with pottingsoil that is mixed with peatmoss and i believe some perlite

I started 5 White Widow auto fem [mid March] & germination was 60% and have them under LED grow lights.& have just dropped to 20 hrs light. I did start them under a 1000 watt MH because I had to to keep the temp. up. I'm experimenting a bit with the auto fem and plan to push along the growing cycle a bit. They are in 1 gal pots now [3rd transplant] and will finish in 5 gal pots. I just use a commercial growing medium [eg. sunshine growing mix] and off the shelf nutrients [eg. HOG].

I am growing 5 WW seedlings in potting soil now indoors to be transplanted outside later. When do you recommend I start feeding them nutrients and how much?

I use High Output Garden nutrients[ BC Canada co.]. It comes in three different nutrient mixes: Grow, Micro & Bloom. I start the seedlings off with a 1 to 1 ratio and follow through with the recommended ratios per growth. I have used a higher bloom ratio for flowering and have not had any problems, just make sure to not fertilize for two weeks prior to harvest.

Thanks for the quick response.
I wouldn't start feeding them nutrients until after 21 days of veg
I just planted my germinated seed and put them in the grow room at 10 pm last night; keeping light on for 18 hours then 6 hours off
Im trying to keep them moist and i thinks i may need to bring a heater in, I have a temp gun ill check the temp in there but i cant wait to see them sprout

I have a quartz heater in a section of my unheated basement used for growing. Between the grow lights and heater running, I am not looking forward to seeing my next electric bill.

Back
Top Bottom