Why are seeds growing better tha cut

Pondwater

I have 6 cuts and need 9 so sprouted seeds thinking hey they wil bet slower but fills a space

at 3week why are my 4th node seedlings growing at a rate my cuttings are not ? There identicle size atm and the seeds will take over in a few days now wtf I expected them to be behind

I have 6 cuts and need 9 so sprouted seeds thinking hey they wil bet slower but fills a space

at 3week why are my 4th node seedlings growing at a rate my cuttings are not ? There identicle size atm and the seeds will take over in a few days now wtf I expected them to be behind
I find that plants grown from seed are usually more robust than clones. I get wider node spacing and bigger plants which is an issue for me in a small space so most of my stuff is with clones.

When I do start a new plant from seed I take cuttings and flower out the seedling since I prefer the tighter node spacing I get with clones.

Also clones typically are more uniform in their growth than seedlings which often have lots of genetic variation, even between those from the same seed packet.

The plants growing from seeds will grow a root system that matches the size of the plant. And, they start doing this from the minute the seeds germinates or sprouts.

The cuttings have no root system so there is a waiting period while the roots start growing. It can be a week just for that. Then a couple of weeks for the entire root system to grow large enough to match and then to support the size of the cutting.

As if that were not enough, the mother plant still has its entire root system so it will start new growth to get back to the size and amount of canopy it had before the cuttings were taken. That is the sort of thing that Bonsai tree growers keep in mind when doing their pruning. If they remove a branch from their tiny tree they will also remove some roots to keep the balance.

Clones are mature. Media typically has the largest effect on rate of growth. Like coco vs soil. Coco will obviously have a faster rate. But as does really any hydo/ inert media. Kelp is a really beneficial regulator that speeds things up as well.
Speaking for myself I notice clones grow much much faster than anything from seed. Flowers finish faster each run you get deeper into cloning. Not by much. But noticeable.

Clones are good for preservation bad for growing.
Erratic leaf development; possibility (more like certainty) of Dudds, and grower abandonment of responsibility. When you get a dog do you throw it out when inconvenient? Then why do that with sacred plants? Take 'em along to the next place; won't hurt you to make it better and may teach you something.

If you are in a hurry run down to the dispensary. Take fire.

Back
Top Bottom