Why do my "different" strains look the same?

oneyearrookie

I was given what I was told were 5 different Cali strains a year ago. I swear they all look, smell, and taste the same. The seeds are definitely diff looking too. Anyone think ît is because I have use the same dirt, nut's, dry, and cure?

My first suspicion would be that someone got careless, and your 5 different strains are really all the same strain. I grow 7 different strains right now using the same soil, nutes, etc and there are no similarities other than the fact that they are all marijuana. In my few years of growing I have seen mix ups like yours multiple times. I have done it to myself before a well. Get a room full of clones going without proper labeling, and this is what happens.

Thank you for replying. I was highly suspicious of that too, but the seeds were definately different and one plant was with fat squatty leaves where the others were slim leaves and taller plants at the same age. The end product looked the same.

Do buds change characteristics when cured longer. I may not be allowing enuf time in the jars. Three days in the cool closet and they are crispy so I have been afraid I was drying them too much, so in the jars they go for about 2 or 3 more days with plenty of burping. No idea what I am doing wrong. Sorry this is so long.

In my experience yes bud can and will change its charicteristics when cured for the proper amount of time. To me it sounds like your following the proper procedures. When I was growing on a smaller scale I did the jar method myself with great results.
With that being said. No amount of curing will solve the problem of inferior genetics. With all else controlled for, grow environment, nutes, dry/cure time, if one plant is turning out better then I say it's genetics. One other thought is maybe you got different phenotypes of the same strain.

Thanks again Undergrad! I have one now 2wks away from harvest (that'll make it 7 weeks in flower after about same amnt of time veggin). This one's cones look really different tho, so maybe my "friend" made a mistake and put a different strain in the sets of seeds he gave me! This cat really got me started with his gift of seeds, so I am thankful for that. Where should I post assuming you want to read my next post about how this one turned out. I am pretty sure it is "Afghani" the squat fat leaved plant. Let you know.

Back
Top Bottom