Why do my seedlings appear to not be growing much?

kofidog

Soil Grow

Strain - Unknown; bag seed
2 plants
Soil
Vegetative (seedlings)
6 quart tote bucket
Lights: LED light rails (3 x 15W = 45W total)
Nutes: B.A.C. Organic (NPK 8-3-3)
Medium: Miracle Gro Organic potting mix
Water ph = 6
PC box temp: 76 to 85 fahrenheit

My problem is slow growth. I am a complete newbie to growing, but have read a fair bit on the subject. It appears the plants' growth is stunted for whatever reason.

I recently purchased a mrgrowpro grow box (mrgrowpro.com) and decided to do a trial run with some bag seed I had laying around in order to get the feel of growing in the PC case. I germinated the seeds (2) using the damp paper towel method. The seeds looked healthy (dark greenish brown and mottled) and they germinated after about 3 or 4 days. I planted them in Miracle Gro organic potting mix on the 26th November (about 2 weeks ago).

I have been watering and misting the plants twice a week. I only used nutes in the watering for the first time yesterday.

I have the light strips very close to the seedlings as you can see from the photos. There are two on either side of the seedlings and one overhead supported by the scrOG screen. At this stage I am not sure of the humidity level inside the grow box, but I would say it is not too high, since the humidity of the room the box is in is not very high, and the box has 3 fans constantly on; one inlet and two output.

As can be seen from the photos, the plants haven't grown much at all since they sprouted 2 weeks ago. Any clue what I am doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

Kofidog

stunted31.jpg
stunted5.jpg
stunted4.jpg
stunted3.jpg

i think that ph is a bit low for soil, try for 6.5 ish
or even up to 6.8 in veg its better for soil
are you getting them some dark time?
try giving them 4 to 6 hours of darkness
anyway you have much more experienced help here so
good luck and take care

Just a quick update: Those little plants didn't end up making it.:scratchinghead: But that's ok; it was just a trial run. I've decided to to wait until I get back from holidays at the end of January to start a new grow. This time I'm not going to use soil - I'm going to use coco coir and nutrients. Once I've planted the beans, I will probably start a grow journal. Thanks to everyone who offered advice!

Back
Top Bottom