Will Canada Or Mexico Legalize Marijuana Before The United States?

Jacob Redmond

The most recent Gallup polls shows that 58% of the U.S. population favors legalizing cannabis (and that number will grow as the current generation of senior citizens dies off), but most of the presidential candidates have said they do not want to end cannabis prohibition. Meanwhile, the United States' neighbors to the north and south are serious about ending the costly and dangerous war on weed.

Next Wednesday, Mexico's Supreme Court will vote on a case that could result in marijuana legalization. From Fusion:

One of the five [Supreme Court] justices, Arturo Zaldivar, has already stated he intends to rule in favor of the plaintiffs. "We're optimistic since at least four of the five judges are known as liberal. All we need is a simple majority," said Aguinaco... A favorable ruling in the SMART case doesn't mean marijuana will automatically become legal nationwide, but it will likely set a precedent or at least encourage a landslide of other appeals.

And in the north, Canada's new prime minister, Justin Trudeau (shown in the photo being arrested by the bad guys from Star Wars), said his Liberal party would start working "right away" on legalizing and regulating the sale of marijuana, although he said it might take up to two years to end prohibition.

When will the U.S. government wake up and drink the bong water like their neighbors?

16387.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Will Canada Or Mexico Legalize Marijuana Before The United States?
Author: Mark Frauenfelder
Photo Credit: The Associated Press

Canada is Obviously going to be the first
Canadas Leader has declared he will legalize Cannabis for us Canadians , Mexico and the US government have made no such claim.

It will be just months before Canada Legalizes ;)

I expect America to follow behind at a distance do to Congress and the score of other gov officials who apparently Hate cannabis.

Canada is Obviously going to be the first
Canadas Leader has declared he will legalize Cannabis for us Canadians , Mexico and the US government have made no such claim.

It will be just months before Canada Legalizes ;)

I expect America to follow behind at a distance do to Congress and the score of other gov officials who apparently Hate cannabis.

Canada will be the first...unless the Hell's Angels can stop it -

I can't believe they're trying to get sympathy for organized crime!

I think the Hells Angles are not a legal marijuana opposition in the slightest , its a hoax, it must be.

I read a article a few Days ago , where the *apparent* complaints against legalization were pointed out by *Hells Angles* (not) who raised their concerns over legalization.

In reality a employment win fall will be created and enjoyed by EVERYONE the local HA club included. The whole economy is going to fly off the handle. We will supply ourselves with top shelf Cannabis and I imagine we will be selling Jet Loads of Cannabis on the International level.

Having the U.S with its 300 plus million people some with MMJ needs right next door can only mean Mo money for Mo Canadians. We have Scores of countries we can and will supply. It is looking good for all Canadians rich or poor.

The Hells Angles *never* publicly admit to criminal activity. They portray themselves as a Bike Club not as a dope distributer.

Its a Hoax , I Bet Snoops has exposed the story already.

I think the Hells Angles are not a legal marijuana opposition in the slightest , its a hoax, it must be.

I read a article a few Days ago , where the *apparent* complaints against legalization were pointed out by *Hells Angles* (not) who raised their concerns over legalization.

In reality a employment win fall will be created and enjoyed by EVERYONE the local HA club included. The whole economy is going to fly off the handle. We will supply ourselves with top shelf Cannabis and I imagine we will be selling Jet Loads of Cannabis on the International level.

Having the U.S with its 300 plus million people some with MMJ needs right next door can only mean Mo money for Mo Canadians. We have Scores of countries we can and will supply. It is looking good for all Canadians rich or poor.

The Hells Angles *never* publicly admit to criminal activity. They portray themselves as a Bike Club not as a dope distributer.

Its a Hoax , I Bet Snoops has exposed the story already.

You;re totally right - it was revealed to be a hoax later in the day. I got roped in because I read it on a few different sites but it turns out it was all BS.

Canada has started to Legalize Cannabis

It begins

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has given his first official order starting the process towards legalizing weed.

In a public mandate letter issued to Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould Friday, Trudeau listed the government's top priorities, including working with the Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness and Health ministers to "create a federal-provincial-territorial process that will lead to the legalization and regulation of marijuana."

The letter also calls for a review of sentencing reforms with the goal of reducing incarceration rates amongst Indigenous Canadians. Under Stephen Harper, the Conservatives imposed mandatory minimum sentences for drug crimes, including growing marijuana—a policy that has been widely criticized as "cruel and unusual."

In the absence of an official cannabis policy change, police forces across the country are using their discretion when deciding whether or not to enforce current drug laws.

It's great to see the wheels in motion. Hoping they'll keep up the momentum!

Canada has started to Legalize Cannabis

It begins

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has given his first official order starting the process towards legalizing weed.

In a public mandate letter issued to Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould Friday, Trudeau listed the government's top priorities, including working with the Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness and Health ministers to "create a federal-provincial-territorial process that will lead to the legalization and regulation of marijuana."

The letter also calls for a review of sentencing reforms with the goal of reducing incarceration rates amongst Indigenous Canadians. Under Stephen Harper, the Conservatives imposed mandatory minimum sentences for drug crimes, including growing marijuana–a policy that has been widely criticized as "cruel and unusual."

In the absence of an official cannabis policy change, police forces across the country are using their discretion when deciding whether or not to enforce current drug laws.

The Future has never looked brighter , its a momentous moment in history for us Canadians and I believe the World as it will have worldwide effect.

We will be importing cannabis as well as exporting it with the free Market the world could be involved.

a littoral Cash Cow

The thing is that no matter which country legalizes first, Canada or Mexico, it's not a competition issue, it's not a race to see who will do it first, that's not of real importance, what's important here is that we wind up with ALL of North America and ultimately the entire world ending up legalizing Cannabis and ending the drug war against Cannabis in it's entirety once and for all, no matter who starts the ball rolling first. It only matters that it starts rolling and keeps gaining momentum faster and faster as it goes.

Canada and Mexico, I am so super proud of both of y'all for taking the first steps toward federal legalization for your countries but the US is allot more complex as we are divided up by 50 individual states with many representatives from each of these states pulling in all directions trying to come up with different solutions about how to handle Cannabis and that's why you guys will certainly legalize on the federal level before we do.

So, Canada? Mexico? Who's going to come in first place? Really, does it even matter? I say NO, that's not even the real issue here. The real issue here is that we ALL stop ruining peoples lives over a God given plant that has never hurt anyone in history. Let's stay focused on what's at stake here guys. ;)

I was right!!!

As of today December 11, 2015, Mexico Has made Marijuana legal for personal recreational use :goodjob::welldone::bravo:
Permits for use started to be issued today.

RD :hookah::peace::peace:

I was right!!!

As of today December 11, 2015, Mexico Has made Marijuana legal for personal recreational use :goodjob::welldone::bravo:
Permits for use started to be issued today.

RD :hookah::peace::peace:

It has only 'started' if other permits follow. So far, this is a 'one off' ruling by the supreme court.

Since there is no path for other permits outside the court system, issuing permits could be quite slow.

It's just details guys, so they have to hash out a few things? What does it really matter, they are legally allowed to use Cannabis in at least some capacity...Permit's? really? They'll work it out I'm sure.

Congrats Mexico, well done neighbors, well done!!!

:thumb::goodjob: :high-five::bravo: :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom