Will green led's disturb my flowers?

braundc420

Hi and thanks for any help up front. I have some quality computer fans I was thinking of adding to my grow box, but they contain green led's. I thought that might be cool if I could use those led's to view my plants during the off cycle, but am too scared of disturbing their sleep somehow. Does anyone know what type of green lights are OK for night viewing, and are they ok to run 24/7, or just now and then?
Believe me when I say I have searched for info on the subject, but this seems to be the wrong forum to type "green, lights" in the search box, nearly every thread pops up. Go figure. :Rasta: BTW, the fans in question are Thermaltake Thunderblades 120mm green led seen here...
7543400.jpg

heres the specs...
Noise 21dBA
Air Flow 78 CFM
Max. Air Pressure 2.97MM-H2O
Fan Dimension 120x120x25 mm
Rated Voltage 12V Bearing Type Sleeve
Started Voltage 6V
Life Expectation 30,000 Hours
Rated Current 0.38A
Connector 4 Pin
Power Input 4.56W
Wire Length 770mm
FAN Speed 2000 10% RPM
Weight 140g

nothing on the led's themselves, but they are green.
Thanks again, for any help. :grinjoint:

Green lights don not disturb the photperiod. Plants don't absorb the green part of the light spectrum I'm told. This is y leaves appear green. Many growers use green lighting to work in during the dark period. The fact that they'e LEDs, I don't know if that make s difference. I know that regular incandescents work (green ones) so I assume CFLs and LEDs will work in the same fashion. After all the color isn't changing. My AC display lights are green and red and I haven't seen any adverse affects yet.

Back
Top Bottom