Will male plant still affect the females if they are moved to a different room?

capcapcaptain

I moved my male plants out of my grow room to a different level of the house. Will they still affect my females? Or should I be ok? Will the male pollen/male stuff, still get to the females somehow? Or do they need to be in direct contact.

Thanks for any info you're able to provide,
Cap

I think pollen may easily travel thru your ventilation system if you don't have a way to seal the other location off completely. Pollen can travel a long ways.

Yea I'd definitely wash up and change clothes to avoid problems.
Are you keeping the males for breeding a new strain? If you're going to keep them very long I'd seal them off too, so pollen doesnt drift throughout the house and get tracked in from you touching contaminated furniture, carpeting walls etc. before entering the grow space.

Male pollen can find a crack in your wall and wait for a new breeze to blow it away. I hope you washed the walls in the girls' room after you evicted that bad boy. Pollen can also remain viable for years and travel miles under the right conditions.

If you're serious about protecting your ladies, off with his head and begone with his pollenladen self. If you're serious about breeding, you've already set up an airtight sealed room for boys ;)

Back
Top Bottom