Will mold affect developing seeds?

Does anyone know if mold will affect developing/mature seeds?

I know we don't want to ingest moldy buds, but I'm wondering if there would be any negative effects on seeds of buds I pollinated deliberately, either now or down the line when germinated. The plants are maybe a couple of weeks until harvest.

I'm not even sure it is mold, though. I have large, brown and crispy patches right in the middle of a few buds but the leaves are still firmly attached. If it's not some sort of mold I assume it's still not a good thing.

Any thoughts or comments welcomed.

Hi Azimuth - doesn't sound like my experience of soggy mould, are the sugar leaves curling and sagging?
I am not sure for certain, but I don't see how it could affect the seeds anyhow
I would add H2O2 to the soak/rinse water tho just in case
Thanks, Roy. I do plan on bud washing them. The sugar leaves are dried and crispy but still firmly attached, although they break in half easily. Kind of weird.

I sprayed them all down with a microbe spray and that and cooler and drier weather have seemed to stop the spread. The bud both below and above the dead spots still look pretty healthy.

Thanks, Roy. I do plan on bud washing them. The sugar leaves are dried and crispy but still firmly attached, although they break in half easily. Kind of weird.

I sprayed them all down with a microbe spray and that and cooler and drier weather have seemed to stop the spread. The bud both below and above the dead spots still look pretty healthy.
Any chance it could be burn?

Unlikely. It's only in the middle of a few buds. Above and below look healthy. Other plants right next to it seem unaffected.

It was hot and more humid with stagnant air in the box so not a very good overall environment which has me thinking it's some kind of mold.

I'm not even sure it is mold, though. I have large, brown and crispy patches right in the middle of a few buds but the leaves are still firmly attached. If it's not some sort of mold I assume it's still not a good thing.
Sounds like a description of the early stages of common ordinary bud rot. Often the first signs are a bit of what looks like a fuzzy mildew or mold somewhere on the cola. Then the stuff turns a gray color and will eventually show a brown area.

Do a search on bud rot. Maybe someone knows of a thread here on this msg board with photos.

Using your favorite search engine do a search using just the two words: bud rot and then check out the images.

Back
Top Bottom