Will They Survive?

Guru02

Hello everyone and happy 420! So I have 4 Seedling that are 2 days old and one that hasn't sprouted yet. I just received news that there was a death in the family and now will be out of town for 8-10 days. I just bought the blumat automatic plant water but am still skeptical. Anyone ever tried these or have some advice?
420-magazine-mobile1388925422.jpg

I have not used them but have helped multiple people recover from the disaster they create.

Autos really should be planted in the final pot right away. That pot will be big enough to hold water for 10 days for a sprout. I don't water even weekly early on. For autos this is a bit different but for normal plants you want the soil to dry out.

Just pot correctly and water correctly and you will be fine. 3 gallons will work but are small. You should use 5 gallons but 3 will be fine.

Thanks for the advice! Do you think I should still use the water system with a good watering or just give a good watering and and call it a day? I have an outdoor pepper plant that could be saved with the water system.

I should have gone with the 7 gallon. Went to my local hydro store and they were back ordered on 5 gallon so I just got the 3 gallon.

Just soak em well they will be fine. make sure you see decent run off when watering and you will be fine.

There is lots to read about proper watering... LOTS...but here is the 10 cent tour.

Lots of bad things happen from over watering. Lots of great things happen by letting it dry out.

as the plant grows it needs more so each day the actual consumption is going up. In the beginning in soil done correctly you are watering about once every 2 weeks. the frequency will increase very slowly. When switching to bloom I still am only watering probably 7 to 9 days at the time. At the heaviest of bloom I can water every 3 days if I want and maintain vigor and potency. Probably even longer in between but I don't let it fully dry out in bloom.

When you water you want to fully drench it and have 10 to 15% run off for multiple reasons.

I never run seed in less than 5 gallons. If you wanna scrog a big monster you want a bigger pot then that really. But Autos you don't do any of that stuff usually so 5 is fine.

Best of luck they should be fine if they don't get too hot. If it gets hot in there they will dry out faster so running low light for that time is not a bad idea.

Update after my time away.
Got home last night and the girls are all alive!! They all look healthy but my LH 1 looks a bit weird, not sure what's going on with it. I gave them all a watering until runoff as well as there first watering with nutrients (fox farm trio). They were very thirsty girls as most already have almost half inch dry soil on top this morning.

Big thanks to you VilliageIdiot your advice was spot on!

WW
WW_Day_12.jpg

LH 2
LH_2_Day_12.jpg

LH 1
LH_1_Day_12.jpg

BB
BB_Day_12.jpg

no worries...Most common first timer mistake is over watering. In veg I wait until the leaves start drooping. Then you know it is thirsty and the roots are searching. If you wait for it to droop before you water they grow faster and stronger. If you grow autos you may not want to be so lean.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom