Blumat systems passive watering

Guruth

420 Member
Hi people!

i've been looking into these blumat auto watering systems and i can not find any hard data about them.

since i'm increasing my tent size and therefore my plant number substantialy (i grow SoG) i think they will save me alot of time every day watering my babies.

so if anyone has any data of how much water these provide in a 24 hour period and how many will i need? my plants use a pint or a pint and a half daily and providing that much to 25 plants will be a bitch ;)

thank you for any info you can provide!

Not a good idea. Can't count how many people I have had to have start journals to teach how to fix a disaster created by those.

We grow our plant in a different way then those were designed for. Those are for a different purpose.

You want high potency. You want thick heavy flowers. To do that takes a number of techniques including maximizing the root mass as fast as possible. You don't have 5 or 6 months to build up the root mass. You want a full root mass in 3 months. So we do tricks like water cycling to make faster growing plants. Also you will want to have the run off. Another thing we do to get bigger yields is push fertilizers a bit too much. the way you ride that line is you water with good run off to prevent build up.

We are not growing plants very long. Many things do not apply and some that usually are trivial are very important.

what happened with those people? what kind of problems?

and i use airpots so maximizing root mass is not a problem... they grow like mad... over watering is not a problem

I'm not a fan of auto-watering, but if you want to go that route, how about a SWICK? A couple of members swear by them for ease of maintenance and/or being gone for a while.

We got them on optimal watering schedules to optimize growth. (this happens on here all the time...) None of this is voodoo magic. It has all been proven decades ago how best to do this. Air pots grow great roots but no better than fabric pots for properly aged cannabis. Different but not better. Even the manufacturer of these explains this on their web site. They are not meant for cannabis and are great for their purpose which is something else. But they work great for us too but by no means make a better root mass for a 3-4 month plant. Popper watering in a good living soil is the best way to develop an optimal root ball.

Best of Luck. All this info has been posted on here time and again. Remember we are trying to run a plant full cycle in 3 -4 months. Fast growing plants, trying to push them to their max potential in a shortened period not string them along for a few years is a different set of rules.

oh kinds of problems.

To start pH problems from multiple sources including rot and other build up issues. That ends up looking like anything and or all kinds of deficient nutrient signs. You also get toxic soils from build up of salts. You don't usually get the roots dry enough to stimulate fast growth and end up with an undersized root mass and smaller flowers and extended growth periods.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom