Williamston Pot Club Opens

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
MI - Greg Bliss is a legal medical marijuana patient.

"I broke my back and hip in the Army," says Bliss.

Bliss medicates at least five to six times a day. That's why he says the new smokers club, Green Leaf University, is a God-send.

"There's no place you can get your marijuana," says Bliss. "This is the first place where you can openly get it."

"The phones have been ringing off the hook," says owner Reverend Wayne Dagit.

Monday is opening day for Green Leaf, and Dagit says the response has been overwhelming.

"We've had 20,000 hits on our website over the last two weeks. We've gotten 400 hundred calls," says Dagit.

Dagit likens the new club to a pharmacy and a place for medical marijuana patients to socialize.

"I'm in constant pain, all day, everday," says one patron, who didn't want to be on camera.

He says people feel his pain at the green leaf, and most people find it hard to relate.

"A lot of us are injured. It gives us the opportunity to socialize with people. I guess you can say people of my kind," the patron says.

Now law enforcement officials aren't the only ones worried about the openeing of the new smokers club. Local business owners and residents also feel a bit uneasy.

"Just like with alcohol, people who leave this building while under the influence. I'm concerned about the safety of the roads," says business owner Anne Rice.

But Dagit assures the club will only enhance safety.

"Would the police rather they go out to the street to buy it or get it in a controlled environment that is legal by the state?" asks Dagit.

Wherever patients get their medication, opening day numbers show the Green Leaf University is officially in business.

NewsHawk: User: 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: wilx.com
Author: Katie Kim
Copyright: 2010 Gray Television, Inc.

Back
Top Bottom