Indoor or Outdoor?indoor
Soil or Hydro?hydro
If Hydro, Reservoir size?7 gallon tub
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?68-72 F
If Hydro, what type of Medium? RW and lil clay balls
If Hydro, what type of Setup? DWC
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 two foot 4 lamp fixture with Veg bulbs in it
Is it Air Cooled?no
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?72 F
RH of Room/Cabinet?low 20%
PH of Medium or Reservoir?5.5PH
Any Pests?no
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?all foxfarm nutes

I went to clean the res today and change the water and notice little black worms on the roots of my plant. I picked off about 4-5 of the them they were less then 1 inch long and when i looked under the scope I noticed they have little brown legs that looks like hairs.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THEY ARE AND HOW TO GET RID OFF THEM.???

Re: Worms on my roots in my dwc setup ???

I have never seen anything like that in the DWC. That sounds awful. I had some fungus gnats on my potted plants the other day and sprayed the foliage with AZAMAX and did a soil drench. It is expensive but it is vegetable based and probably ok to use with hydroponics. Stuff worked for me. Gnats are all but dead and gone from here. Not sure about what you have eating your roots but that sounds pretty serious.

Re: Worms on my roots in my dwc setup ???

Be careful of Azamax while it works I am not sure it is indicated here. Can you post pictures of the roots and plants? Are they suffering? Are the roots white or brown? The thing I use is 30% Hydrogen Peroxide solution in very small amounts like a tsp per gal and watch you roots come back to a nice white. I have never had worms in Hydro but have heard of others getting them and some think they are beneficial but I am not of that mindset.

Sounds like gnats, not worms. Many ways to get rid of them, Neem oil at 2 Tbls to a gallon in the res, H2O2 will help kill them but slower, I also heard of some one doing this:
"I used a product called Organocide. purchased from Lowes'. I diluted it and used it as a root soak for one hour, afterwhich the roots were rinsed and placed back into the bubbler. Also, a very small amount (5ml) was added to the reserviour."
Not sure if it is good to use or not though

I think I got it .............
DSC028701.JPG

I suggest Plain PH water for the next 3-5 days to clear out the plant's system for whatever the issue is.
Where are you getting your water? Is it tap?
What is the PPM on the water, before adding anything?
Does any exhaust fumes get pumped into the room?
What supplements are you using, if any?

I suggest Plain PH water for the next 3-5 days to clear out the plant's system for whatever the issue is.
Where are you getting your water? Is it tap?
What is the PPM on the water, before adding anything?
Does any exhaust fumes get pumped into the room?
What supplements are you using, if any?

its tap water and the PPm before I add anything is 60, and when i added some thing to the water(Foxfarm Big bloom,and grow big)the PPM was at 223.she is drinking water but not much. Also I use all the foxfarm nutes.but have'nt given her anything but the GB and BB. At the moment the res has only H2O2 and cal/mag

OK, cool. So you are supplementing cal mag, and adding h2o2.
If your bug issues are done, and the roots are as white as they look in the pics (no brown slime stuff) I would back off of the h2o2 as long as your bubbles are bubbling along fine.
With tap starting so low, I think a good guess is the cal and mg are a bit low, so adding some cal-mag is a great idea. How much are you using?
It's hard to say for sure what the issue is, but there are ways to help figure it out. Cutting out the nutes, will help to take over-fert'ing out as the issue if the plant keeps getting worse.
To me it looks like it could be an issue of either over nute'ing or Magnesium, or Calcium deficiency.
Run a search on those to see what you find. Does it look the same to you?
Are you having PH swings? What is a typical day for PH?
Check this link here: 420 cannabis-plant-pest-problem-solver-pictorial
If the plant has cupping up, or twisting leaves, it could be Mg. I have another plant issue write up I refer to often, and that one shows a bit closer to the issue you are having and it says it could be an mg deficiency. The link above makes me think maybe a calcium issue. Either way, you have calmag so you are a step ahead already.

Back
Top Bottom