Would a 25litre be big enough for decent yield

Ronnie361

Hi guys so I bought 4 25litre (6.6gallon) pots for 4 of my new seedlings. I was wondering if 25litre would be large enough for a plant to grow fairly large and have decent yields

Thank you

Sorry work stuff, 6 gallons is not a lot of soil but it beats a 5 gallon bucket. Soil grows tend to run out of steam on long runs, say you veg for 8 weeks then flip & run for 10 weeks flower it takes a lot of juice to run that long.

One way to manage that could be the timing the last upcan.. Start in 20 ounce cups, get them totally root bound & upcan to 1 gallon. Run same again, get em root bound and at last upcan jump to 25 liter pot. Stay in the pot for 3 weeks then flip to flower.

The 6 gallons are good for photoperiod & the upcan method, if running autos you will need serious watering tech to pull off the tiny plant in huge container thing. (By starting in final pot)

Read Emilyas’ work on How to water a Potted Plant.

Let’s talk more about whether you are running photos or autos,

Sorry work stuff, 6 gallons is not a lot of soil but it beats a 5 gallon bucket. Soil grows tend to run out of steam on long runs, say you veg for 8 weeks then flip & run for 10 weeks flower it takes a lot of juice to run that long.

One way to manage that could be the timing the last upcan.. Start in 20 ounce cups, get them totally root bound & upcan to 1 gallon. Run same again, get em root bound and at last upcan jump to 25 liter pot. Stay in the pot for 3 weeks then flip to flower.

The 6 gallons are good for photoperiod & the upcan method, if running autos you will need serious watering tech to pull off the tiny plant in huge container thing. (By starting in final pot)

Read Emilyas’ work on How to water a Potted Plant.

Let’s talk more about whether you are running photos or autos,
Thank you this was very great help man. I will check that out.

Back
Top Bottom