yellow tips & Brown n sagging leaves

JeffGreen87

I looked on the how to grow guild and didn't find anything.that truly helps with it. Seems like it get a sides tracked on the post.
My fan leaf tips are turning yellow and some are turning yellow then Brown. What is it caused by and how to fix it.
Also a few of the plants the leafs.are starting to sag.
Please help and thank you.
Please no link to howtogrow guild please.

Re: yellow tips & Brown n sagging leafs

Aslo, this

How many plants? What Kind?
How old are they?
Indoor or outdoor?
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated?
What medium/soil are you using?
Whats the size of the containers?
What's your lighting set up?
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time?
What's your ph like, both medium and nutes?
Any pests around?
What is your watering schedule like?

Plants,12
4weeks
Indoor
Hydroponic
4x4
5gal buckets with clay pebbles.
15gal res
Feed 7am..30min/6pm..15 min
T5 flu
No pest
Ph avg 5.4/5.9avg
Temp 75/80avg
Hum 45/55avg
Fan running
Using Humbolt master a&b 3ml each that's it. 6total

1418665596308.jpg

Usually burned tips are over nute. But, not much over. In fact, sometimes I actually GO FOR burned tips. It tells me that the plant has taken in all the nutes it can use.

As a lad, I lived in Germany and went to school. I worked one year on a winery, tending the vines. It was WORK. Part of my pay was food and board. The 'hausfrau' was a magnificent cook. The evening meal was a feast - every time. I learned early NOT to clean my plate. If I ate it all, it was a sign that there was still room - and she would fill my plate again. I had to leave a bite on the plate.

Well, when the tips turn brown your plant is 'leaving a bite on the plate'. It is full. Can't 'eat' any more. You have hit the sweet spot. I think you are there. Don't change anything. Keep using the same nutes, in the same mixtures, in the same frequency. Watch for signs of nute lock - maybe do a water only watering once every ten days or so (if you are in soil) to prevent nute lock.

But, to me they look happy and healthy.
Keep it up.

~ Auggie ~

PS: I had been there for about a month. Just got out of the shower and she was in the room putting out clean towels. Europeans are not nearly as shy about nudity as us Americans. She glanced at me and said in German, "You are skinny. You Americans don't eat enough, don't work hard enough. I will fatten you up." At the time I was 17 yrs old, 6'2" and weighed 235 lbs. Skinny? Her hubby was 20 yrs older, same height and weighed every bit of 300 lbs - and strong as an ox.
To this day I still leave at least a bite or two on the plate.

I'm being told and keep on reading other post. Everyone says it's over nutrients and others say it's not enough nutrients and "Nitrogen deficiency" So couldn't I use just a little less nutrients n in some "Cal Mag"?

Doesn't look like a calmag problem to me. I think it's nute burn. I personally would lower the nutrients a little and monitor the new growth . They also look like they're stretching a bit. Not enough light maybe ?

I wouldn't shoot for burned tips,that's a sign of stress which equal lower yeilds. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't shoot for burned tips,that's a sign of stress which equal lower yeilds. Just my opinion.

Yet, some people stress their plants on purpose in order to get more tricomes.
To each his own.

~ Auggie ~

Yet, some people stress their plants on purpose in order to get more tricomes.
To each his own.

~ Auggie ~
Yeah this is true close to the end of flowering. Stress now in his situation won't help with trichome production.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I just never heard of looking for burned tips as a good sign. But you are right . To each his own:) solo

And no offense taken buddy. I learned a LONG time ago that there is more than one way to do anything. Everybody's garden is different.

RE: The brown tip indicator. I would prolly back off the nitrogen a little bit - but it does indicate that the garden master has hit the limit of the nitrogen that the plant can take. More N will do damage. But, IMHO, a small brown tip on 50% of the leaves is not a problem. It's an indication ... but not yet a problem. My girls talk to me; that is just one of the ways they communicate.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom