Yellowing at the tips anyone help please?

blakieblaze

yes this is my second grow right know i have couple plants yellowing at the tips. im not sure what i did never had this problem there only about 2 weeks old i have a 120 watt blue plant light on them right know waiting on a hps light system i order but when i water i do the finger in the soil trick but i have a journal and i been watering every 3 but usual every forth day. i have not add any food. im going to try to put pics up today but if anyone can give any feed back it would help thank you and i have light about 18inchs from plants

ok the pics will be coming soon and the soil is miracle grow mix with miracle grow organic choice i was going to switch to fox farm next week and i also waiting on my ph tester with my light i order hoping will be here today but ill get the pics up and u can also see the set up as well thank you!!!

20130103_130051.jpg
20130103_130016.jpg
20130103_130000.jpg

Just going to take a stab at this but for one the light is way to far away and there is not enough hence the stretch. Next thing I think I am seeing is the start of nitrogen deficiency but I am not positive as I would need to see close ups of the affected leaves. I am also leaning to the soil being to hot but really can not tell. So with all this said close ups of the leaves would really help me. :)

ok today ill put pics of close ups thank you!!! now should i give them feed for the n or how do i go about that?? and the light i have how far should i have it from the plants and what to u recemend for a 150 watt hps light i order one and waiting on it?? im also going to get different soil when i place them all in bigger pots also have the light on for 24hrs how long should i keep like that??

Ok bro. Your soil is too hot. That is definitely nute burn. Always try to stay away from MG products as they are too hot for your plants. I think that you should go bigger than a 150w HPS as I learned quickly it was not enough for my space. I am running a 400w now. That was just an example of where I began. I recommend Promix BX soil as it works great on my ladies. If you go with a HPS you should use the hand test at the top of your plants, if your hand feels hot/burning when sticking your hand under the light it is too close. Move it up until you do not feel that. All HID bulbs require cooling and if you do not want to smell your plants in or around your home invest in a carbon scrubber. Feel free to ask me more as I do not want to overload you with information in one post. :)

nice man thank you know u dont think a 400 watt hps is to much for my grow area?? also the soil u say were do u get that i was going to take a trip to my grow store were i live also look at my blog please and let me know what you think i am going to start over from fresh i think now that im learning even more also how long should i run my light on 24 hrs before i cut it down heard keep running 24hrs from seeding til veg?? with my area temp runs 84 and the humidity runs 25 percent any way to fix that thinking of putting a fan to pull air out like i said not much space and when u open my door my grow area is right there thank you again hope to hear back soon!!!

Back
Top Bottom