Yellowing in veg

Known

Trying to understand what is up with my girls.

I have transplanted them in 5g fabrics with new soil of canna pro plus (1.2 ec) and just gave them ph'ed 6 water at 150ppm ( ro water buffered with tap water ).

They are 40 days old from sprout.

They took the transplant good but the last days i see them becoming yellow especially on the top part of the plant.

I watered yesterday with 700ppm of canna veg nutrients plus the 150ppm water = 850ppm at ph = 6

There are 18 plants, 9 under each led. The problem is only under one of the leds.

The other 9 plants under the other led have a nice green color and they had the same treatment as the others.

Here you can see in the photos...

IMG_20220917_192019.jpg
IMG_20220917_192015.jpg
IMG_20220917_192012.jpg
IMG_20220917_192102.jpg

IMG_20220917_192030.jpg

Trying to understand what is up with my girls.

I have transplanted them in 5g fabrics with new soil of canna pro plus (1.2 ec) and just gave them ph'ed 6 water at 150ppm ( ro water buffered with tap water ).

They are 40 days old from sprout.

They took the transplant good but the last days i see them becoming yellow especially on the top part of the plant.

I watered yesterday with 700ppm of canna veg nutrients plus the 150ppm water = 850ppm at ph = 6

There are 18 plants, 9 under each led. The problem is only under one of the leds.

The other 9 plants under the other led have a nice green color and they had the same treatment as the others.

Here you can see in the photos...

IMG_20220917_192019.jpg
IMG_20220917_192015.jpg
IMG_20220917_192012.jpg
IMG_20220917_192102.jpg

IMG_20220917_192030.jpg
If you are using canna soil need to go in at about 5.8 with you feed. Sounds counter productive but used their soil for years. Unless you are using canna nutes it can get hard to find a happy medium, defo think they do it on purpose so it’s a canna only grow

Hey keffka

Unfortunately only canna vegas i use.

I feed them yesterday. It will take 3 or 4 days to see results?
Yep, although you shouldn’t see any further progression. However, that’s if I’m correct. @JoetheChro just mentioned your specific medium requires a lower ph than usual for soil, so that may be it.

However I’m inclined to believe more of your plants would be having more issues if it was the ph.. Then again I’ve never used that specific brand so I would default to those with personal experience

If you are using canna soil need to go in at about 5.8 with you feed. Sounds counter productive but used their soil for years. Unless you are using canna nutes it can get hard to find a happy medium, defo think they do it on purpose so it’s a canna only grow

They say to use 5.8 in the begining of seedling.

Late veg at 6 and end the flowering at 6.2

If you see the panoramic photo you can see the other plants on the right they are looking ok and they all had 150ppm tap water with rizotonic when i did the transplant 9 days ago.

They say to use 5.8 in the begining of seedling.

Late veg at 6 and end the flowering at 6.2

If you see the panoramic photo you can see the other plants on the right they are looking ok and they all had 150ppm tap water with rizotonic when i did the transplant 9 days ago.
Lol no worries. And in that case if it’s just the one I agree with @Keffka 🤟😂

So i should wait and see how they response.

Given this problem im facing now, and with the hopes of cathing it in time, i should wait couple of weeks before switch them for flower?

Personally I wouldn’t wait weeks.. if it doesn’t progress after 2 or 3 days I would flip flower at the end of the week. I am nowhere near an expert though so take what you will from that.

I didn’t see mag deficiency in my plant until a week after uppotting to a 3 gallon.. I assume it has something to do with the explosion of growth from the transplant sucking down more nutrients than you’re ready for. Again, not an expert at all lol

Personally I wouldn’t wait weeks.. if it doesn’t progress after 2 or 3 days I would flip flower at the end of the week. I am nowhere near an expert though so take what you will from that.

I didn’t see mag deficiency in my plant until a week after uppotting to a 3 gallon.. I assume it has something to do with the explosion of growth from the transplant sucking down more nutrients than you’re ready for. Again, not an expert at all lol
I just hope for them to recover.

Did you ever had this in your grow?

Are they turning back to green or?

I just hope for them to recover.

Did you ever had this in your grow?

Are they turning back to green or?
Not iron deficiency specifically but I’ve had deficiencies.. as long as you’re growing a photoperiod it’s not a huge deal.. you’ll be able to recover no problem. However, a lot of times, once a deficiency shows, the leaves it shows on are usually permanently disfigured. As long as new growth is coming in nice though you’re alright.

Not iron deficiency specifically but I’ve had deficiencies.. as long as you’re growing a photoperiod it’s not a huge deal.. you’ll be able to recover no problem. However, a lot of times, once a deficiency shows, the leaves it shows on are usually permanently disfigured. As long as new growth is coming in nice though you’re alright.
Gotta see the new growth green up then before i switch.

Thanks my friend.

I will keep this updated until its fixed.

Maybe i will need more help if they dont bounce back.

Hopefully this 700ppm nute feed i did will do the miracle.

This looks concerning. Overwatering? Nitrogen toxicity causing lockout?
C7550BAF-0C59-45A2-B14F-6B01F518784A.jpeg
This is conserning indeed my friend.

Thats why i posted this photo because its bothering my head.

However i had seen in the past from other.grows the same nitrogen toxicity and i assume its because of the canna soil.

If you look at the other photos i posted you can see that this tip curl is visible only in the lower part of the plant. If it was serious toxicity wouldnt it be all over the plant? Also the leaves would be dark green, atleast at the lower part of the plants...

But indeed its worrying me as i am not that good on diagnosing this.

Have you seen anything like this before?

Back
Top Bottom