Yet Another Question

WickedWench

So, last year I grew an unknown strain - had great luck with it.

This year, am growing Bubblicious and Aurora Indica. Started seeds in late winter - USA - Vermont (March-ish). Here it is on the 4th of July and both plants are budding. Not sure what to do. Last year's plant was extremely robust with a sapling-like central stem: Budded late summer in time for harvest right after 1st frost.

These strains are very bushy, but without the strong central stalk. The buds - I'm guessing - are going to be much more delicate than the fat buds that I had last year.

Looking for advice. Should I chop their little heads off and hope for later - larger buds? Or just roll with it?

So, last year I grew an unknown strain - had great luck with it.

This year, am growing Bubblicious and Aurora Indica. Started seeds in late winter - USA - Vermont (March-ish). Here it is on the 4th of July and both plants are budding. Not sure what to do. Last year's plant was extremely robust with a sapling-like central stem: Budded late summer in time for harvest right after 1st frost.

These strains are very bushy, but without the strong central stalk. The buds - I'm guessing - are going to be much more delicate than the fat buds that I had last year.

Looking for advice. Should I chop their little heads off and hope for later - larger buds? Or just roll with it?

Started inside under LED's - moved out onto deck once frost was done with. Big-ass pots.

I'm not experienced with outdoor growing. But it sounds like you are just worried about the structure of the plants being stable enough to hold up the buddage. I'd try using a cage of fence or bamboo stakes. Checkout vids on YouTube of mendo dope and see how they use cages for support

Just roll with it. Lots of strains will be vastly different. Don't chop the little buds off or they will never grow to be bigger buds :)

Thanks Pyr0. I think I will. I've been reading about bud chopping & pinching. Sounds like something for a more advanced & diligent weed grower than myself. :)

I'm not experienced with outdoor growing. But it sounds like you are just worried about the structure of the plants being stable enough to hold up the buddage. I'd try using a cage of fence or bamboo stakes. Checkout vids on YouTube of mendo dope and see how they use cages for support

Actually, I was more worried about the size of the buds. These seem so miniscule...but perhaps they'll hatch out into nicer buds. Difficult, since we're having a hideous heat wave here in Vermont. So wasn't sure if that caused premature budding, etc. Ah, the difficulties of being an under-educated weed grower! :) Thanks Dankman.

Yep run what you brung. All strains mature and form buds in different ways. The final outcome is the only way to see. You may be really surprised when you see the bud size from those plants. Some strains put on tons of weight late in flower. In the end bud size does not always equate to high production. You could be surprised what a plant can do with a bunch of small buds. Density has a lot to do with it production.

Also, to add to what my friend Jackalope has just rung in on..... Adding different natural nutrients to the soil as flower progresses can increase but density and production throughout all phases......

Yep run what you brung. All strains mature and form buds in different ways. The final outcome is the only way to see. You may be really surprised when you see the bud size from those plants. Some strains put on tons of weight late in flower. In the end bud size does not always equate to high production. You could be surprised what a plant can do with a bunch of small buds. Density has a lot to do with it production.

Thank you for the feedback! It looks like it's unanimous - let the buds fall where they may!

Probably 1 of the most enjoyable learning curves I've ever been part of. With a beautiful bonus at the end lol.

Back
Top Bottom