Yield per sq feet

420Josh

Hey guys, I was wondering, in a 1 sq foot place, with 4x35W Cfls, total lumens 9600, how much yield could I expect?
Lets assume the conditions are perfect, and the plant's desired final height is 20" tall
And what training would give me maximum yield?
I think I'm gonna stick with LST but what would you suggest?

3 strains, one low yield, one average and one high, what would each of them be able to produce in that much space?

And one more question, if my desired final height is 20", most would suggest to flower around 8"-10" to achieve my final desired height, I totally agree, but what if I grew the plant till it was 5ft tall and then bent it over(LST) such that it's new height will be 10" off the ground, if I flowered then, would it's final height still be around 20"???

So I did this math based on one of my standard canopy styles. I trim everything up to about 6" canopy thickness at the beginning of bloom and it ends up being somewhere between 16-20" canopy thickness by harvest time. I light 1sqft with 50 real watts of HPS light. I generally pull between .48 and .76 oz out of each sqft of canopy. Every once in a while, I pull 1oz per sqft. You will have to convert the cfl watts to real watts for an accurate equivalent. When I first started, the yield was MUCH lower. More like .25oz or less per sqft.

So I did this math based on one of my standard canopy styles. I trim everything up to about 6" canopy thickness at the beginning of bloom and it ends up being somewhere between 16-20" canopy thickness by harvest time. I light 1sqft with 50 real watts of HPS light. I generally pull between .48 and .76 oz out of each sqft of canopy. Every once in a while, I pull 1oz per sqft. You will have to convert the cfl watts to real watts for an accurate equivalent. When I first started, the yield was MUCH lower. More like .25oz or less per sqft.

What do you mean by canopy thickness?
And What do you mean by real watts..?
I'm talking about 140 actual watts, not the equivalent rubbish
Thanks for the reply, you're one of my fav growers xP

Canopy thickness is how deep your canopy is. It has to do with light penetration. The thicker your canopy is, the less light will be able to get through to the lowest leaves. A lot of people don't worry about this measurement because of their opinion about defol.

Sorry about that, I meant actual watts, not real watts.

I've read that at least 100 actual watts per sqft is a good number, especially for cfl's so it looks like you are on the right track to get a decent yield, assuming everything goes to plan and your other evironmental factors are well controlled.

Thanks for the compliment 420josh!

Canopy thickness is how deep your canopy is. It has to do with light penetration. The thicker your canopy is, the less light will be able to get through to the lowest leaves. A lot of people don't worry about this measurement because of their opinion about defol.

Sorry about that, I meant actual watts, not real watts.

I've read that at least 100 actual watts per sqft is a good number, especially for cfl's so it looks like you are on the right track to get a decent yield, assuming everything goes to plan and your other evironmental factors are well controlled.

Thanks for the compliment 420josh!

One more thing, do bleached leaves turn white?

Back
Top Bottom