Zinc and calcium deficiency's

dabstr47

I'm a little over 8 weeks into veg about to make my 12/12 switch real soon. But I'm having trouble figuring out what too buy.

My ph levels are a little high even with extensive flushing. 7.5-8ph

Should I buy cal-mag? To help with my calcium deficiency?

What about my ph I can't seem to get it down. Should I use dolomite lime?

Please help!!!

420-magazine-mobile897370403.jpg

This does not look like a calcium deficiency, maybe the start of magnesium shortage though. Calcium deficiency starts out as small round dots with a rusty color and tend to get bigger and more plentiful if not treated soon enough. Magnesium deficiency starts with the lightening of the leaves from the center and comes with the yellowing of the veins in each leaf as well.

Are those the only leaves effected of is there more? What part of the plant is being effected?

If you could include the info that Scientific has requested above in the link that would be great. Really helps us be able to narrow down problems. Thanks

Hi Dab -- More info is needed. Could you answer the questions at How to Ask for Grow Support and maybe post a photo taken under natural light?

I think I figured out my problem and it's an iron deficiency I think that because it's all the newer leafs on the top of the plant that are turning yellow and ik with an iron deficiency all newer Growth is affected. But I also do have a little calcium deficiency in magnesium plus with my zinc too. Think I'm gonna grab some cal-mag
420-magazine-mobile1848348189.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1054530730.jpg

This does not look like a calcium deficiency, maybe the start of magnesium shortage though. Calcium deficiency starts out as small round dots with a rusty color and tend to get bigger and more plentiful if not treated soon enough. Magnesium deficiency starts with the lightening of the leaves from the center and comes with the yellowing of the veins in each leaf as well.

Are those the only leaves effected of is there more? What part of the plant is being effected?

If you could include the info that Scientific has requested above in the link that would be great. Really helps us be able to narrow down problems. Thanks

Thank you for your interest in my problem! I got a few deficiencies going on due to my higher pH I got a magnesium zinc and calcium deficiency's I flushed Heavily and still my pH is no different it's at a 7.5 to 8 and I've done some more research and I think I have an iron deficiency I think that because all of my new leaves and newest cole sites Are yellow and the older leafs under my canopy are nice dark green. I think I'm goin to invest in some
(cal-mag)

I'm a little over 8 weeks into veg about to make my 12/12 switch real soon. But I'm having trouble figuring out what too buy.

Please help!!!

Dolomite lime will buffer your ph yes. Mixed into your soil (most good shop bought soil contains it already) it will regulate your ph and keep it neutral at around the 7 mark, it's great for soil growing and I swear by it to avoid ph issues.

Please help!!!

Have you been flushing with ph'd water? Or tap water? Tap water PH can vary and is usually around 7.3-8 where I live in the uk and continually flushing with tap water will actually raise my PH if I don't use dolomite lime. My guess is you don't have a deficiency and you are trying to fix a problem that isn't there. I'd say your issue is PH not deficiency. Buy some good quality soil/compost that contains DL and repot her or add the DL yourself if it doesn't come with the soil. It's not calcium, Zinc, Iron deficiency as the leaf damage doesn't look right. It's not really looking like mag deficiency either so my money is on PH.

I would just buy a balanced grow nutrient for veg high in N, a bloom nutrient lower in N and higher in P & K for flower as most good grow and bloom nutrients contain all the trace elements and minerals like Cal & Mag. I hear of growers that swear by calmag but I've never used it. If I get a mag deficiency I use Epsom salts spray to fix. Basic grow & bloom nutrients will get the job done and done well. I highly recommend a bottle of PK 13/14 as well

I think I figured out my problem and it's an iron deficiency I think that because it's all the newer leafs on the top of the plant that are turning yellow and ik with an iron deficiency all newer Growth is affected. But I also do have a little calcium deficiency in magnesium plus with my zinc too. Think I'm gonna grab some cal-mag

Again, it's hard to offer informed advice without more info, so I'm going to drop off the thread here, but just one note before I go: nutrient deficiency charts (I like Jorge Cervantes' chart best) are useful and interesting, but remember that people spend years studying plant nutrition, cultivation, pathology and the the subtle interactions of strain, soil, temperature, pH, etc. etc. etc. I'd suggest not being too quick to definitively state, "I have problem X." Just my .02. Good luck and happy growing!

Have you been flushing with ph'd water? Or tap water? Tap water PH can vary and is usually around 7.3-8 where I live in the uk and continually flushing with tap water will actually raise my PH if I don't use dolomite lime. My guess is you don't have a deficiency and you are trying to fix a problem that isn't there. I'd say your issue is PH not deficiency. Buy some good quality soil/compost that contains DL and repot her or add the DL yourself if it doesn't come with the soil. It's not calcium, Zinc, Iron deficiency as the leaf damage doesn't look right. It's not really looking like mag deficiency either so my money is on PH.

I've been flushing with ph'd water, maybe I have RO problem in my water!? I've always thought it might be a possibility

Back
Top Bottom