When to start Backbuilding - Is she ready?

Komplex180

I've seen some great results from others by backbuilding their buds. I am at 5.5 weeks but a few hiccups during veg but I don't think they are large enough in bud size.

Any input would be appreciated. Here are a few pics of the girls

420-magazine-mobile1643337733.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1931561120.jpg

A close up of one of the buds
420-magazine-mobile417282824.jpg

420-magazine-mobile996676019.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Normally I'd wait a bit longer but it's not really important. Why not just go ahead and do it on one or two of the smaller buds to satisfy your curiosity.

Normally I'd wait a bit longer but it's not really important. Why not just go ahead and do it on one or two of the smaller buds to satisfy your curiosity.

Thanks for the reply weasel. I think I'm gonna wait a couple more weeks and give it to em all.

Unless anyone else has any opinions, I'll stick to that. The strain is supposed to be 8-9 weeks but im not gonna chop till 10% amber

It's not a major change, whether you backbuild or not. Just a bit of a cosmetic difference. I don't find that it makes buds bigger, just makes them squatter- so they sometimes look bigger. Some strains like my Thai tend to have very long pointy tips on them, and snipping the ends off makes them look rounder and tidier.

It's not a major change, whether you backbuild or not. Just a bit of a cosmetic difference. I don't find that it makes buds bigger, just makes them squatter- so they sometimes look bigger. Some strains like my Thai tend to have very long pointy tips on them, and snipping the ends off makes them look rounder and tidier.

I didn't realize that it was more cosmetic. I saw @Grebs photo of his BB white widows and it seemed like he got some denser buds from it.

Here's the pic

420-magazine-mobile1542067035.jpg

It looks to me like those two buds were a different size to begin with. I suppose it's possible it makes them a little denser. Not so much that I've ever noticed. They definitely do look bigger after backbuilding because of their fatter shape. But there's no reason to believe that they actually grow bigger after having the end cut off. I could be wrong. If there is a difference in actual weight or density it's very small

It looks to me like those two buds were a different size to begin with. I suppose it's possible it makes them a little denser. Not so much that I've ever noticed. They definitely do look bigger after backbuilding because of their fatter shape. But there's no reason to believe that they actually grow bigger after having the end cut off. I could be wrong. If there is a difference in actual weight or density it's very small

I'll take your word for it. This is my first grow so I have never done it before. I went ahead and snipped the plant fim'd, and left the one I topped. I know its not ideal to do it to separate plants when comparing but hopefully I'll be able to tell the difference by weight.

Back
Top Bottom