Electrical question LED

Cannabro

Hey guys I need help want to run
- a veg tent (600w) with extraction fan etc (currently running fine)
- additional flower tent (1050w - 2x mars 300 and a meizhi 450) again with an extraction fan.

So the problem is there's only one socket in the room. Multiple power cords etc. and some of them have to be seperate as on a timer etc. then you've got the extraction fans which you want to run all day.... ugh it's a little overwhelming tbh

What is the safest way to run them?
I was thinking of using a few "piggy back" extension leads off to surge protected power boards. And just seeing how I go but I thought I'd seek the help of anyone who has prior knowledge to better advise me.

Probably going to get the cables etc this weekend as I want to give it a test run.

Please help .✌️

Each wall outlet (2 sockets) has a maximum 1800 watts that can be safely used in modern houses. Using more than that is a fire hazard. I would go to Lowes or HD and get one of those 8 to 12 outlet extenders. Using it as the base, all your other cords should plug into that. Remember that the actual power used on the lights is approx. half of the advertised wattage (145w for a 300watt lamp, etc.) If you don't know what the age of the wiring is, be very conservative about how much load you put on the outlet. I wouldn't want your place to burn down for a little cannabis.

Each wall outlet (2 sockets) has a maximum 1800 watts that can be safely used in modern houses. Using more than that is a fire hazard. I would go to Lowes or HD and get one of those 8 to 12 outlet extenders. Using it as the base, all your other cords should plug into that. Remember that the actual power used on the lights is approx. half of the advertised wattage (145w for a 300watt lamp, etc.) If you don't know what the age of the wiring is, be very conservative about how much load you put on the outlet. I wouldn't want your place to burn down for a little cannabis.

Neither would I! Haha thanks bro ..

For a small LED setup u are unlikely to overload a single 15 amp outlet unless that circuit has a high draw from elsewhere. At 120 volts X 15 amps that gives u 1800 watts. Technically that is max but u should not be loading more than 13 amps which would be about 1500 watts.

In an ideal world u would also have at least a GFCI protected outlet for this or even an arc fault protected outlet. 10 to 40 bucks if u are comfortable installing the outlet yourself and decreases your fire risk from an electrical issue to almost nil.

Mars 300 is about 130 watt and the MEIZHI 450 is about 200 watt so 460 watts for lights plus fans which are negligible.

For a small LED setup u are unlikely to overload a single 15 amp outlet unless that circuit has a high draw from elsewhere. At 120 volts X 15 amps that gives u 1800 watts. Technically that is max but u should not be loading more than 13 amps which would be about 1500 watts.

In an ideal world u would also have at least a GFCI protected outlet for this or even an arc fault protected outlet. 10 to 40 bucks if u are comfortable installing the outlet yourself and decreases your fire risk from an electrical issue to almost nil.

Mars 300 is about 130 watt and the MEIZHI 450 is about 200 watt so 460 watts for lights plus fans which are negligible.

An arc fault protected outlet could possibly trip itself with a fan. If the fan has brushes on the motor that naturally creates an arc. Depends on the fan. Same reason a vacuum cleaner trips arc faults all the time. I would just go with a ground fault receptacle to be safe.

Thanks guys, I've decided I'll just run the one tent for now as I was too scared to trip the power etc. having only one power point and running all that just doesn't seem that safe to me, sounds like it CAN be done but I won't risk it right now - see my first grow through then re asses

Back
Top Bottom