How do i splice into

SkooterFan

Ok so i need to splice into some electrical cable for the power to my lights, fans etc. The closest power cable i have running near to where i will be growing is i think some 3 core in black tubing, you know the kind you use to run power from your house to your garage. About 150mm thick. I've looked round and the ways ive come up with are either piggy-backing into the connection by twisting the new cable around + & - or using T/Y connectors to split the power?

Can someone tell me what the industry standard is for tapping into a power cable ? just like to know before i go ripping off insulation ;D

Re: How do i splice into...

get an electrician.

Re: How do i splice into...

Depends what planet, I mean country you are at..Voltage varies and it does not play nice. You can't just Hack into a cable with out knowing a little about electrical.

Kill the power and put in a junction box and wire nut the wires together(electrical tape over wire nuts)! But depending on where you are you may need a permit to do the work also depends on your knowledge of electrical wiring!

I dont think it would be wise or even leagal to advise you here at:420: I think Buckshot's advice is the best:peace:

Back
Top Bottom