MA: Recreational Marijuana Rallies Were Held At Draper Park In Milford

Ron Strider

Both sides of the upcoming local recreational marijuana vote made their case at Draper Memorial Park Saturday morning.

Representatives from the Citizens for Responsible Cannabis Retail Sales and Milford CARES (Community Against Recreational Marijuana Retail Establishments) held signs and waved at passing cars as a way to support their beliefs. Around 20 or so people total were present at the competing mid-morning rallies.

The demonstrations come before a Sept. 19 vote, in which the town will decide if recreational marijuana dispensaries should be prohibited in Milford. In a statewide referendum last November, 51.9 percent of Milford voters approved the legalization of recreational marijuana. The margin of victory was 500 votes.

The new law allows cities and towns to opt out and ban recreational sales and Milford selectmen want to take advantage of that law.

Donna Niro, chairwoman of Milford CARES, said Saturday's rally was the start of the group's campaigning.

"Today marks one month ahead of the vote, and we decided it was time to kick off."

The group's intention was to maintain the health, safety and integrity of the Milford community, Niro said.

Demonstrator Jerry Messenger said he opposed having marijuana retail in town, but said he was for medical marijuana if it helps people. He criticized the way the ballot question was phrased, as a "yes" vote would ban the stores.

"I think there's going to be some confusion during the vote, with the way the ballot is written," he said, adding people could be unsure a "yes" vote would be in favor of marijuana stores.

John Seaver, demonstrating with Milford CARES, said he did not wish to see Milford become a destination for those seeking recreational marijuana.

Glen Wiech, demonstrating against the ban, noted the town voted in favor of the recreational marijuana ballot initiative in 2016, and said he saw a safety component that comes with legalizing retail sales.

"We've had a black market here forever, and people have gotten marijuana through that. With the advent of things like fentanyl-laced drugs, you can't rely (on safety of the black market product)."

A regulated market would be a better way to ensure the safety of marijuana products, Wiech said.

One demonstrator, who declined to give his name, said he felt a cultural taboo against marijuana had dissuaded people from giving their opinions publicly. He said that was the reason why pro-ban demonstrators outnumbered those rallying against the ban, despite the legalization initiative passing locally.

If the referendum fails and voters uphold the ability for marijuana stores to open in Milford, pot shops will be limited to main commercial and industrial plazas in town, but would be subject to setbacks similar to that of the town's medical marijuana zoning.

Advocates_in_MASSACHUSETTS_-_AP_Images.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Recreational marijuana rallies were held at Draper Park in Milford - News - Milford Daily News - Milford, MA
Author: Mike Gleason
Photo Credit: AP_Images
Website: Milford Daily News: Local & World News, Sports & Entertainment in Milford, MA

Just a group of idiots who are willfully brainwashed pushing their stigmas. I wish I was there and had transportation to it. I'd have ripped those demonstrators a new one. I'd have been willfully arrested but thats what it takes to make an impact. If a town in my state who voted in favor cries about safety measures ima call em out on the poison around every street corner and that litters the ground. I'm talking about empty nip bottles and beer cans as well as cigarette butts and half smoked ones. You gonna be racist and bigoted over people fighting for freedom I'm gonna bring your happy world down. Just like after being thrown out of the post office for being honest saying ima ripbthe managers employee a new one for lieing, ima do the same with these prohibitionist careless fucks who'd rather see someone do a back alley illegal deal than a safe regulated identification and credential checking facility.

Sadly the taboo is still disturbingly high (no pun intended) here, and we need to fix that PRONTO. I am thrilled seeing the honest weedmaps ads finally starting to pop up. Here's a couple I'm GLAD TO SEE. The second I wish was posted every 6 inches.
420-magazine-mobile105929935.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1927729720.jpg

We need more exposure and we need more honest facts put where EVERYONE can see them. People sadly nowadays won't listen to reason. You can't tap someone on the shoulder and make a statement and expect them to at least listen. Everyone almost just cares about themselves. Those brainless f***bags in guarantee drink or smoke and take pills or opiates and or know ppl who do and standing up for illegal actions and for violence and crime(which despensaries bring DOWN(as has been factually proven by charts and time as well as numbers recorded over the years in every other state.

I am going to make sure I'd ANY town near me tries this I'm going guns blazing ready for a fight. The state already has over 120 towns stores are already prohibited in. The LAST thing people need is to have to suffer with getting their safe, healthy choice. Idc if anyone was brought up believing lies etc anymore as there's way more than enough facts and proof in the pudding to show cannabis, Hemp, and it's presence causes juat about EVERY societal I'll to vanish in a big way. Such as: Overdoses, deaths, diseases, crime, VIOLENCE, disputes, and even financial deficits and exposure and use by people under 21.
Ignorance is NOT an excuse and is NOT acceptable. If anyone here is from MA and you have retards trying to block sensible access(we will have MANY problems if people have to travel 20-30 miles in between shops as rec users are MUCH LARGER in scale than medical and many people using medical as a farce and a way to get legal bud will be dropping out and going rec also. So people need to realize REALITY and stop living in "What IF and What COULD country" and step into "Present Time Town" and live in the here and now. Ignorance is NOT an excuse.

I will be keeping an eye out for any more things I can strongly advocate for. Love the Cannabis Culture and all you on 420Mag! Keep fighting for freedom!!!

Just a group of idiots who are willfully brainwashed pushing their stigmas. I wish I was there and had transportation to it. I'd have ripped those demonstrators a new one. I'd have been willfully arrested but thats what it takes to make an impact. If a town in my state who voted in favor cries about safety measures ima call em out on the poison around every street corner and that litters the ground. I'm talking about empty nip bottles and beer cans as well as cigarette butts and half smoked ones. You gonna be racist and bigoted over people fighting for freedom I'm gonna bring your happy world down. Just like after being thrown out of the post office for being honest saying ima ripbthe managers employee a new one for lieing, ima do the same with these prohibitionist careless fucks who'd rather see someone do a back alley illegal deal than a safe regulated identification and credential checking facility.

Sadly the taboo is still disturbingly high (no pun intended) here, and we need to fix that PRONTO. I am thrilled seeing the honest weedmaps ads finally starting to pop up. Here's a couple I'm GLAD TO SEE. The second I wish was posted every 6 inches.
420-magazine-mobile105929935.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1927729720.jpg

We need more exposure and we need more honest facts put where EVERYONE can see them. People sadly nowadays won't listen to reason. You can't tap someone on the shoulder and make a statement and expect them to at least listen. Everyone almost just cares about themselves. Those brainless f***bags in guarantee drink or smoke and take pills or opiates and or know ppl who do and standing up for illegal actions and for violence and crime(which despensaries bring DOWN(as has been factually proven by charts and time as well as numbers recorded over the years in every other state.

I am going to make sure I'd ANY town near me tries this I'm going guns blazing ready for a fight. The state already has over 120 towns stores are already prohibited in. The LAST thing people need is to have to suffer with getting their safe, healthy choice. Idc if anyone was brought up believing lies etc anymore as there's way more than enough facts and proof in the pudding to show cannabis, Hemp, and it's presence causes juat about EVERY societal I'll to vanish in a big way. Such as: Overdoses, deaths, diseases, crime, VIOLENCE, disputes, and even financial deficits and exposure and use by people under 21.
Ignorance is NOT an excuse and is NOT acceptable. If anyone here is from MA and you have retards trying to block sensible access(we will have MANY problems if people have to travel 20-30 miles in between shops as rec users are MUCH LARGER in scale than medical and many people using medical as a farce and a way to get legal bud will be dropping out and going rec also. So people need to realize REALITY and stop living in "What IF and What COULD country" and step into "Present Time Town" and live in the here and now. Ignorance is NOT an excuse.

I will be keeping an eye out for any more things I can strongly advocate for. Love the Cannabis Culture and all you on 420Mag! Keep fighting for freedom!!!
So now they have to do a town election, to decide ?? I think a citizen with a sense of fairness, and respect for our liberties will vote for the rec pot shops, even if they don't use pot. And I predict even more than 51% will vote for freedom. If you want freedom, now's the time to vote some of these Idiots out of office ?? And that's the vote, they don't want !! It's also a vote for jobs. And Weednerd420, you are right on the $$, It's about time the churches, the selectmen and especially law enforcement stop trying to rule people by force & intimidation. They need to take a toke & chill the f out !! This is about your freedom people, not pot !!:surf:

Back
Top Bottom