Blueberry & Moby Dick - Soil Grow

Whitty08

Welcome back everyone! With my first grow coming to an end I figured it was a good time to start up my second grow. I'll try to update daily where there is something worthy of updating. For this grow I've got Blueberry and Moby Dick Auto's on the docket.

What strain is it? Blueberry and Moby Dick
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Blueberry Indica, Moby Dick 75%/25% Sativa Dominate
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Freshly put in the soil yesterday
If in Veg... For how long? Zero days of veg so far
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farms Ocean Forest
If soil... What size pot? 2, 2gal containers
Size of light? 4x6 T5 fixture with two PowerVEG bulbs
Is it aircooled? Fixture doesn't put off that much heat
Temp of Room/cab? 75 degrees F
RH of Room/cab? 55%
PH of media or res? 6.3pH
Any Pests ? Let's hope not
How often are you watering? As needed
Type and strength of ferts used?Fox Farms line and General Hydroponics RapidStart

Looking forward to this grow, hopefully my last grow taught me a lot and I won't be recreating some of the same mistakes I made the first time. Hope you guys enjoy! Pictures to come as soon as the ladies pop out of the soil.

Thank you to MysterySeeds and Koqstorm for subbing on this grow as well! Thank you guys!
Nothing to note yet, the ladies still haven't popped through the soil just yet. I will tell you the taproot of the Moby Dick was probably twice as long as the Blueberry, so I'm thinking that the Moby Dick is going to be the first one to sprout. Hopefully that is within the next day or so.

There she blows Captain! Haha. So Moby Dick has popped through the soil this afternoon. Still no signs of the Blueberry just yet.
image27671.jpg

The Moby Dick has taken off today, she might be about 2" tall already. The blueberry has barely broken the. Surface of the soil. Not tall enough for a photo just yet. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to take picture of both of them for you. Other than that a very light watering to keep the soil slightly moist. Once they both show their first set of leaves I'll start adding RapidStart to the watering.

So last night the Blueberry finally broke through the soil. 2/2 on the germination!! We shall see about the quality of the Blueberry seed, it was a freebie and not from a very well known supplier. The Moby Dick is from Dinafem so there's no questioning its quality. The Moby dick this morning when I looked, I believe it got rid of the seed and has some leaves coming out. The blueberry came straight out of the soil with leaves on it. When I get home from work I'll take a picture of the girls for all to see.

Day 1, both ladies look healthy so far. I know technically it's day 2 for Moby Dick but I'll keep the two of them together. So the Moby Dick is probably twitch the height as the Blueberry, but I think that comes down to genetic as Moby is a Sativa dominate strain. Moby is still clinging to the shell of the seed. Both have the beginnings of their first real leaf and not the seed leaf.
Blueberry
image27769.jpg
image27770.jpg

Moby Dick
image27771.jpg
image27772.jpg

Day 4, sorry guys for the lack of updates. Life hasn't been kind to me in terms having having a lot of free time the last few days. Anyway enough about me and back to the ladies. They're doing really well, a little leggy at the moment. They're stuck in a terrarium until my Blue Widow is ready to be harvested and then they'll go into my tent and have all the light their hearts desire. Just watered this morning. As of now I'm watering about every 2-3 days. Because I have them directly in their final container I'm only able to use a few ounces of water. Next watering I'll start using RapidStart really make sure the root system is as developed as possible to support as much weight from the flowers as possible.

Blueberry
image27937.jpg
image27938.jpg

Moby Dick
image27939.jpg
image27940.jpg

Off to a good start whitty, lookin forward to the adventures of moby dick! :grinjoint:

It looks like they are stretching a little. How far are your CFLs away from the seedlings?

The CFL's are a little farther than I would like them to be hence the stretch. They're in a terrarium until my Blue Widow is finished. Then they will go into the tent and have all the light they could want. I did raise the containers up about 6-8 inches to get them closer to the CFL's. The stretch has stopped for the time being.

Day 6, first set of leaves on both plants continue to grow. I really need to get them closer to the CFL's I'm using so they stop stretching. My next watering is going to include RapidStart. Really need to get that root structure going so they can support more vigorous growth and a bigger plant. It's going to very interesting to see how they fair while I'm away this weekend. Hindsight being 20/20 I probably should of started them after my trip. I'll give them one big watering on Friday morning and hopefully that'll hold them over till Tuesday.

They'll be fine after a few days...for my current grow im watering every 4days without any probs. I think 3days is better but im a bit lazy lol!

Day 8, watered the ladies this morning with some RapidStart added to the water. I also raised the containers even closer to the CFL's that I'm using with my grow tent is occupied. Another week I would say and they will be in the grow tent where I can better regulate the lighting and everything else. Second set of leaves have started to grow, the Moby Dick's second set is a little farther along than the Blueberry.

Back
Top Bottom