Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tooth pain medicated with Marijuana?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

re: Tooth pain medicated with Marijuana?

You cook the pot in the butter and strain it if you want first. I just poor it on the toast. then you eat it. Now if any dentistry work is done you'll probably be gumming it real slow. if you are eating that...it won't cause dry socket..that's only caused by sucking or smoking. I'd recommend straining it tho if you had work done b/c then you won't have any lil leaves that can get stuck places. But yeah...eating it is a whole lot better for you anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colorfulimage View Post
    So I've been having major tooth pain lately. I have a tooth that needs to come out but I've not had the money (oh and I hate them) to go to a dentist. Thankfully tomorrow is payday and I'll be able to get it dealt with.

Nothing has helped with the pain like marijuana. I was throwing back aspirin like no tomorrow and still, marijuana ruled.

I'm curious as to if anyone else has ever dealt with tooth pain by using marijuana and did you notice how much less the pain was? They say when you get a tooth pulled you don't want to smoke though so that it prevents dry rot. Is that just tobacco or is marijuana ok?

i have smoked pot for about 12 years now and have also dealt with SEVERE tooth pain for a good few years now. I was maxxed out on tylenol and advil every 6 hours and it was BARELY dulling the pain. The only time I could get the pain to go away was getting stoned.

To fix the pain (after i got dental insurance) i had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday (4/2/09) it was quite rotten and barely any was showing above the gum line and the rot was exposed (hence the pain). I smoked the day of my operation, fist just shotguns from my fiance and then very light hits from the bong, i never let my mouth seal all the way.

After this, I SNEEZED out my clot. Luckily i was still bleeding and was able to get another clot to form.

From what I have read if you are going to smoke do so from a bong with someone else filling it for you and have less than normal water in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting my wisdom teeth pulled soon, so is a buddy of mine. And we decided to deal with the pain that weekend with some nice green remedy. But we heard smoking can cause several issues, so we are going to buy a vape (herbalaire, just need the money now). So to get this straight, vapeing will not harm your mouth if you just got a tooth pulled?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flank View Post
    Getting my wisdom teeth pulled soon, so is a buddy of mine. And we decided to deal with the pain that weekend with some nice green remedy. But we heard smoking can cause several issues, so we are going to buy a vape (herbalaire, just need the money now). So to get this straight, vapeing will not harm your mouth if you just got a tooth pulled?
    i wouldn't live by that. it would have less of a chance.

the number one problem is suction. once your done bleeding that blood clot is the ONLY thing keeping you from getting dry socket.

with the vaporizer there is not so much suction, haven't used one so maybe no suction. but any time you suck you could pull the clot out.

all smoke, not just tobacco smoke has chemicals in it. i am not sure but i am gonna assume that the chemicals in pot smoke can too slow clotting.

as i said i just had mine out yesterday, i am smoking at my own risk. i have less water in my bong then normal for less resistance and if someone is over i have them fill it for me. i do not have a vaporizer.

i am in no means a doctor nor an expert, just a stoner trying to get high without getting dry socket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shankstar420 View Post
    i wouldn't live by that. it would have less of a chance.

the number one problem is suction. once your done bleeding that blood clot is the ONLY thing keeping you from getting dry socket.

with the vaporizer there is not so much suction, haven't used one so maybe no suction. but any time you suck you could pull the clot out.

all smoke, not just tobacco smoke has chemicals in it. i am not sure but i am gonna assume that the chemicals in pot smoke can too slow clotting.

as i said i just had mine out yesterday, i am smoking at my own risk. i have less water in my bong then normal for less resistance and if someone is over i have them fill it for me. i do not have a vaporizer.

i am in no means a doctor nor an expert, just a stoner trying to get high without getting dry socket.

If the problem is suction, then i think vapes should be fine. Ill just use a bag, squeeze it a bit, and inhale slowly.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

For now, go to food store and get some oil of cloves to rub on the tooth. It will kill the pain. Some of us old timers carried it in the field as part of 1st aid kit. See cooking forum for butter, caps or other ways to ingest herb while gum heals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaMagoMan View Post
    That's "Dry socket"
    Take it from a fella with bad gum disease.

I should have listened to GrandDad and brushed more often.
    I know exactly what you mean...

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

clove oil does work i know. getting teeth removed sux without proper medications. make sure you get the lortab or whatever, your gonna want it even w/weed.

yes it's not the just smoke'n that give you a dry socket, it's all negitive pressure from sucking, that also include drinking w/a straw ect. cut the end off a q-tip to plug the hole, it works better than gauze. then suck away. i did many many times even after a major jaw surgery, as long as you plug the socket your good. 2 things that nothing not even death will stop me from doing is cigarettes and weed.

or you can still take shotguns!!

Post Thanks / Like

If it were me, I'd get a 30 pac of vicodin 750's and be done with pain for a day or two.

By the way, getting your teeth cleaned by a dentist 2 times a year will fend off the gum problems will into your late 60's, early 70's.

If you smoke and do not brush your teeth, I can assure you you'll loose most of your teeth by the time your 40 years old.

A good rule of thumb is to clean your pipe everyday, and your teeth 2 a day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kittykiwi View Post
    You cook the pot in the butter and strain it if you want first. I just poor it on the toast. then you eat it. Now if any dentistry work is done you'll probably be gumming it real slow. if you are eating that...it won't cause dry socket..that's only caused by sucking or smoking. I'd recommend straining it tho if you had work done b/c then you won't have any lil leaves that can get stuck places. But yeah...eating it is a whole lot better for you anyways.
    im sure they will love the bits of leaf stuck on your teeth

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chancedebris View Post
    For now, go to food store and get some oil of cloves to rub on the tooth. It will kill the pain. Some of us old timers carried it in the field as part of 1st aid kit. See cooking forum for butter, caps or other ways to ingest herb while gum heals.
    hey chancedebris i've been using clove oil/bud 4 several yrs (firm believer)
    whenever i get a toothache i just dip a q~tip in the oil and then stick the tip as far into my problem tooth &/or teeth as i can and it works wonders! I carry a bottle in my purse @ all times no matter what! i've been smoking maryjane for over 20yrs and i've always said it was the best medication for my headache/migranes however, it has never taken a toothache away or made it any less painful so if there is a strain out there that can lessen the severe intense pain of a toothache i wanna invest in about a dozen or so clones or seeds cuz theres NOTHING worse than a major toothache NOTHING & unless or until u have 1 u could'nt relate to the pain! so som1 tell me where this m.j. that helps relieve a toothache is PLEASE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tooth pain medicated with Marijuana?

Dude I have a cracked wisdom tooth and at this moment I'm smoking herb right now and its feeling numb and its working for me. My Father is Jamaican and he told me either that or white rum will work(don't swallow the rum just leave it in your mouth and let it heal). It's going to burn for a moment but it will heal for a few hours but its only numbing the pain as if it were not to be there. My suggestion for the white wine would be Wray & Nephew Jamaican rum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12