MMJ and pain, reverse effect?

I've found tooth pain the one thing cannabis can't help me with... too close to my brain or something. Thought I was going to go insane with pain after getting dry sockets from pulled wisdom teeth.

I'd have to agree with OBXGardener on that one -- a while back, I had to wait three days to have a root canal (it was over a holiday weekend) and that was the most pain I'd ever experienced in my life.

People say root canals hurt -- nope. You don't feel a thing -- nothing. But the pain and swelling that accompanies an infected root? Like nothing on earth.

I was taking tylenol, motrin, etc... at more than the maximum daily doses and I still was in absolute agony.

I did continue to medicate with cannabis during this time, as I've been a patient for a while now, but I have to say that cannabis did nothing for the pain -- it was just far to intense. Now, my medical cannabis did help enormously for the stress I was under being in that much pain -- believe me, I was crying it was so bad. So in that sense cannabis was essential for helping me stay calm and get through the pain.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll feel much better after you heal... dental pain is in my opinion, one of the worst types of pain, because it just does not go away -- you can't ignore it.

:peacetwo:

Good advice - on the other stuff, we really can't talk about anything BUT cannabis here - site rules.
There is a way you can get pain relief from cannabis for dental pain by simply making a tincture and using it sub lingually. So basically u will need 150proof clear or grain alcohol , if you have enough meds to support this put 7g of bud/1oz of alcohol so if you use 10 oz you will need 70g. After you have gotten the buds in the alcohol let it sit for 14-21 days shaking it vigorously every day for 5 minutes after the 14 -21 day strain the mixture into another bottle and squeeze out the liquid still in the plant matter but not to heavily. You know have a tincture that for every 5 ml you can ingest a gram and the effect is very fast. The left over plant matter can also still be used in a final wash to make some qwiso just follow the normal directions to do so but will make a stronger batch if you use some fresh bud as well.

Brother! A tooth ache is the worst possible pain I recon. The only way to get rid of a nasty tooth ache is to have it pulled asap. I know your pain my friend and you have my thoughts. :goodluck:

I have found smoking helps not at all, of course it makes you feel better because you are smoking. But it doesn't actually help the pain at all, and as you said, you concentrate on the pain a lot more making it worse. It's not a good situation. Look after your choppers friends! :grinjoint:

You should make sure that you are smoking an indica b/c the stronger the sativa (more pure the sativa) the more of a cerebral it will be, and the more you're gonna be sitting there doing things like "My tooth really hurts..." and deep thinking on why it hurts... lol Indicas are great for pain. The higher the percent of indica, the better.

Also, if you are able to get a tincture, they work really well for some people. I always carry some with me & I just hold it under my tongue as long as I can. I'm not sure if you could put it directly on/around the area or not. Unsure if it would hurt b/c it has alcohol in it... maybe someone else would know?

I know that when I have had teeth out that they tell me not to smoke... so maybe something like that would be better.

Back
Top Bottom