Leaf deformations

hydro-noob

Can anyone tell me the cause of this and if it something to worry about .....solutions?

IMG_1600.JPG

I've seen that in other plants, and generally it's something to do with minor damage to the leaf structure as it starts to grow and spread out, amplified into weird jagged patterns you see when the leaf is full grown. Maybe that's what happened here? I don't think it would help the plant at all, but I don't think it's really doing much harm either.

The first 2 plants i grow which was in 08 in my window facing south. one was white widow which i bought 10 seeds for £10 from nirvana. (wish they were still that price now) And the other was from some bud i bought from a friend. The seed i got from a friend grew to about 10 inches then it sprouted 4 branches off and they all had deformed leaves on it so no normal ones at all apart from the first 2. As a first time grower of bud i was worried but i like to give things a chance. the leaves were not pointy, they were more round. at this point the white widow was fine. As it grow bigger, 2 and a half foot i chopped the weird deformed bit off. budded nicely. and was a good smoke. The white widow turned out to be male. i planed it outside in the garden away from female. When i was smoking the female i found a seed init so i planted it. And now growing only 4 inches is my white widow cross with some bud i bought. So after all that all am trying to say deformity's on plants are normal they just give the plant character.

420-magazine-mobile1433885502.jpg

Found 8 of these weird fan leaves on a plant . That turned Hermi on me don't know if it's a coincidence. None the less it's one of the coolest looking fan leaves I've ever seen!!! Live-Love-Learn

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Some deformities like those that started this thread are caused from rapid growth in wind (from a fan) or around an obstacle (like a stake, wire, or other plants). Some deformities are caused by ph and nutrient imbalances such as with the last photo (you can see the red stems and some other nutrient deficiencies going on). Some plants start out with odd numbered leaf blades based on their strain / genetics. And of course, nature will throw a real weird one at you every now and then for no reason at all. The good news is, these types of minor issues are not detrimental to your plants. You should always monitor your ph and apply nutrients based on your medium and desired results and you'll be very very happy with the final results! :thumb:

Some deformities like those that started this thread are caused from rapid growth in wind (from a fan) or around an obstacle (like a stake, wire, or other plants). Some deformities are caused by ph and nutrient imbalances such as with the last photo (you can see the red stems and some other nutrient deficiencies going on). Some plants start out with odd numbered leaf blades based on their strain / genetics. And of course, nature will throw a real weird one at you every now and then for no reason at all. The good news is, these types of minor issues are not detrimental to your plants. You should always monitor your ph and apply nutrients based on your medium and desired results and you'll be very very happy with the final results! :thumb:

Were you referring to mine with the red stems etc. I should start with the nutes?

Were you referring to mine with the red stems etc. I should start with the nutes?

Yes, they can handle the nutes now. Make sure to keep an eye on your ph in your watering solution and in your runoff. The biggest problem with nutrients is the ph fluctuations and not managing that.

Back
Top Bottom